991.1S to 991.2S Issues!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 06:36 PM
klark is an unknown quantity at this point
991.1S to 991.2S Issues!

I bit the bullet and traded in my 2012 Carerra S for a 2017 S. I'm, for the most part, happy with the new car, but I have issues. I do like it being quicker. I do prefer the old engine for the sound, but I also appreciate the fact that I have in fact 3 engine exhaust settings, which changes depending on my mood.

I do have two issues with my car, one of them a big issue. The fist is the suspension. There is a large thunk/clunk when I roll over bumps, and is very obvious going over speed bumps. I took it to the dealer and they said it was normal. I refuse to believe that this is normal. Funny thing is they drove me in another 991.2, and it had a the same sound, albeit way quieter. Is anyone having the same issue? I didn't have this clunk in my 991.1 or my 997 S. I'm considering contacting Porsche directly to get a second opinion.

The second problem is I am noticing a loud click when I step on the pedal, and release the pedal. I know it is coming from the turbos because when I step on the gas and rev the engine in park, the noise isn't there, due to the turbos being idle. It only recently started. I don't know anything about turbo engines, and was told this noise is also normal. I bought the car three months ago, and only recently heard the noise last week. It's loud enough to be obvious. Before I tell Porsche about this problem, I'd like to ask the question here if that noise is normal. Is it the waste gate opening and closing? Mind you, this noise is happening when I gently pull off, so the turbos aren't spooling up. I would really appreciate the help with these two issues, before kicking them up the chain.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:44 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
991.1...I have the clunk going over speed bumps and other similar bumps, dips.
I slow down and take it easy...gone.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:07 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I think my Panamera Turbo had a bit of a little click- I got used to it. The turbo engines revved in park sound a little different.

As for the suspension I'd have Service check that out - maybe at another dealer?

Old 07-19-2017, 10:36 AM
///M3THOD is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same clunk on speed bumps, I also have noticeable click/pop when engaging the throttle in D after reversing in >75% steering turn, like out of a tight parking spot.

I'm guessing it could have something to do with the 4 wheel steering?

Old 07-20-2017, 03:03 AM
klark is an unknown quantity at this point
engine click appears to be normal. I hear it precisely at 28 seconds and 30 seconds in the video. It happens just before you hear the turbos spool up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.