Porsche telematics question ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 01:55 PM
991dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche telematics question ...

So my car came equipped with a sim card slot in the MMI system like the one pictured here

Can anyone tell me what options loading in a card does if you use an iphone and dont use a Porsche phone handset ?

Old 07-22-2017, 05:35 PM
JDDarkside is on a distinguished road
I believe there are threads on here about that, but it is my understanding that the sim slot is a European thing. Just use the Bluetooth connectivity. It's easy to pair. I'm actually very impressed with the Bluetooth quality & performance

Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to add this when I did my build but the dealer talked me out of it..

The benefit as I understood it was that it essentially provides you an integrated cell phone in the car with it's own SIM... And I think to most people that is kinda lost since everyone already has a mobile phone and can just pair via bluetooth.

What is a shame was that it wasn't integrated for cell data. It would have been nice to have the PCM NAV get traffic data via cellular instead of forcing you to subscribe to XM which when I last subscribed wouldn't sell you just traffic data you had to buy one of their crappy packages which I never really used.

Hopefully in the 991.2's they have a better data solution than the useless AHA crap app...

Old 08-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I have the SIM slot too. I was considering adding a SIM card to my plan and installing it in the car. As I recall, this is not recommended if you also use a Bluetooth connection. It causes a conflict.

The 991.2 does offer a better solution: Apple CarPlay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.