New Daily?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Im4citadel is on a distinguished road
New Daily?

Alright...I know most are gonna tell me to drive the 911 everyday but it's just not gonna happen. The 14 C300 lease is returned and I am still in search of a good deal for a lease daily. In the past MB seemed to make the most sense ($485month for E class and $296month for C class with only first month payment at dealer). Seems as though Benz is no longer doing any good deals for their loaner to owner leases. Can't find one to save my life. Been shopping around and best deal was $395month for a 328 xdrive. This car doesn't even have navi or led lights. Anything else out there that you fellow 911 drivers have found recently? I live in DC and have a place in NJ.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
My two favorite daily drivers when I lived in the DMV were an Audi S4 and a BMW M235i.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 PM
koala is an unknown quantity at this point
My DD is a VW Golf R. Absolutely incredible value for money, frankly.

I normally swap daily drivers every 2-3 years, which means I typically lease them, but I actually see myself buying this one out.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:39 AM
sladha is an unknown quantity at this point
Consider getting a Jeep (Grand Cherokee) or VW Jetta. They're great DD cars and the Jeep especially would be good for winters especially if you're between states.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Leslierc
My two favorite daily drivers when I lived in the DMV were an Audi S4 and a BMW M235i.
cant say I ever drove the m235 but I did look into the s4 and the lease is just horrible. Would love to get into it if money is no object but goal is one of the major German brands and under $500 with no money down and awd. Have done it before just need to find the right road to do it again.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by koala

I normally swap daily drivers every 2-3 years, which means I typically lease them, but I actually see myself buying this one out.
never even thought of the VWs but the golf R sounds like a great choice. Will call around today. How does the rear seating feel? Big enough for two small kids if it calls for it?

Old 09-14-2017, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by sladha
Consider getting a Jeep (Grand Cherokee) or VW Jetta. They're great DD cars and the Jeep especially would be good for winters especially if you're between states.
great suggestions but we already have one baby SUV (GMC Acadia Denali) and this would be more for me to get to and from the office and clients. Jetta is a great car (my wife owned one a while back) but looking for something a bit more fun for Day to day.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
cant say I ever drove the m235 but I did look into the s4 and the lease is just horrible. Would love to get into it if money is no object but goal is one of the major German brands and under $500 with no money down and awd. Have done it before just need to find the right road to do it again.
I understand. I lucked out with the S4...I noticed it on the used lot when I took my A4 (another DD) in for service and ended up receiving a very generous trade-in offer. As for the M235, I leased that one at just slightly over your number.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Im4citadel
never even thought of the VWs but the golf R sounds like a great choice. Will call around today. How does the rear seating feel? Big enough for two small kids if it calls for it?
Rear seating is more than adequate - I have a 13 mo. old and a 3.5 year old and they ride in the Golf maybe once or twice a month. My 3 1/2 year old is in there a bit more now that I drop him off at preschool.

Otherwise, our minivan serves as the kid-mobile

The cargo area isn't the largest - our double-stroller will only fit up on its side, so it blocks most of the rear window. That said, the minivan would be our go-to for trips that require the stroller anyway.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:49 AM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about

I'm thinking about trading my Cayenne S for a Golf R. From your post, it appears that you like yours. Any other info you'd like to share?

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2017, 07:04 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
I have a Ram 1500. Great truck. Pulls a 20' trailer with the porsche in it with ease. Still get 20 mpg doing 85 mph.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Audi TT RS..

Old 09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by murox
I'm thinking about trading my Cayenne S for a Golf R. From your post, it appears that you like yours. Any other info you'd like to share?

Thanks!
I think the biggest thing is to just have reasonable expectations for what it is. It'll have some rattles and squeaks, and they're prone to going through spark plugs as often as a 911.

It isn't as "refined" for sure. Steering feel is not phenomenal, but that is the problem with all modern vehicles with this garbage electric steering now.

But, it's fast, nimble, and a blast to drive. I especially love it in the winter. Turn off stability control (which, in the Golf R, is fully defeatable), and it's an absolute drift machine on ice and snow.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:37 PM
PJ 911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Recognizing that my DD will go places my 911 will never go (crowded parking lots, street parking and garages in NYC, airport garages, etc) I bit the bullet and went very practical. I leased the prior model '17 VW Tiguan S 4Motion. It was $4k down (total) and $148/mo for 36 months. The old Tig is German made, very pleasant car to drive with some great features for an entry level SUV (auto wipers, heated seats, Apple Car Play, auto dimming mirrors, keyless entry/start). The new Tig is bigger and more expensive and Mexican made. Love to use the 911 for the fun rides and the Tig for the grunt work.
We have a Cayenne Diesel for the real long trips and when we need a bigger SUV.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:55 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
I think the biggest thing is to just have reasonable expectations for what it is. It'll have some rattles and squeaks, and they're prone to going through spark plugs as often as a 911.

It isn't as "refined" for sure. Steering feel is not phenomenal, but that is the problem with all modern vehicles with this garbage electric steering now.

But, it's fast, nimble, and a blast to drive. I especially love it in the winter. Turn off stability control (which, in the Golf R, is fully defeatable), and it's an absolute drift machine on ice and snow.
Thanks for the info. I may have mitigated those lack of refinement issues: I bought an Audi S3.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.