CA Resident Purchase Car from Ohio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:26 PM
csufl is on a distinguished road
CA Resident Purchase Car from Ohio

Dear 6Speed members,
I found a 2017 Porsche CPO 911 from a Ohio dealer, since this is my first time(chance) of getting a car out of state without seeing it, I am very concern and nervous about it.....
1. Since it's a Porsche CPO, should I be expecting this car to be in good if not excellent condition in and outside the car?
2. How is the negotiation(% off) on these CPO car?
3. Do I need to worry(find my own) shipper/truck for the delivering or the dealer will take care of it?
4. Anything else I need to know, prepare, and cautious about it?
JT

Old 09-25-2018, 11:48 AM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
I have bough several cars out of state sight unseen. I ask for a lot of pictures and videos. I am OCD about rock chips so i prefer when cars have a clear bra installed.

CPQ you should be relatively confident that if anything goes wrong you just take the car to the dealership and they service. I do believe very much in Porsche reliability. Discount amounts are the same as buying any car. Depends on how much they have in the car (CPO cars being more expensive), if they need to move it etc. Definitely shoot for what you want and find the middle ground where you will be happy or shop around more if its too much.

Shipping varies some dealerships help others ask that you find a shipper. I typically will get quotes on my own just so I know what to expect for payment and then see if the dealership will cover in full, split or partially pay for shipping.

I would be confident in a CPO car if I received a lot of visuals and if the carfax is clean. Half the fun is the search. Enjoy and good luck in your decision making!

Old 09-26-2018, 08:11 PM
BT1
BT1 will become famous soon enough
Comments below.
Originally Posted by csufl
Dear 6Speed members,

1. Since it's a Porsche CPO, should I be expecting this car to be in good if not excellent condition in and outside the car?

NO CPO vehicles can have up to 3 panels repaired. Require paint meter readings with an independent PPI and fly in to inspect.
2. How is the negotiation(% off) on these CPO car? Not much at a dealer if it's an 8i n demand spec.
3. Do I need to worry(find my own) shipper/truck for the delivering or the dealer will take care of it? Yes, but the dealer may be able to get you a better price.
4. Anything else I need to know, prepare, and cautious about it? Never buy a car (especally 100k investment) without personally inspecting it.
JT