Buyers beware: Carbonlution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 AM
D_T_A is on a distinguished road
Buyers beware: Carbonlution

Hello,

I am sharing my experience dealing with Carbonlution during my purchase of their carbon interior trim set.
Most of the dealing process went smoothly and the products were delivered within the promised time period (5 weeks).
That being said, I wanted to share my thoughts on the quality of the products.

Overall, the quality is generally acceptable, especially at a distance of 4+ feet.
However, some of the tabs were broken when I received the set; nothing major as other usable tabs were intact.
More concerning issue is irregularities and dimples in the cupholder trim.
Although it is more difficult to spot in the attached pictures, there are a few dimples/irregular surfaces on the cupholder trim.
I tried contacting the sales representative about this exact issue, but I have yet to receive any response (it's been a week, but I do not expect to receive a response).

Perhaps, I was expecting too much (I admit that I did). Don't get me wrong, the set overall is still acceptable, but it has its own defects. I just wanted to let fellow forum members, who might have similarly high expectation on the quality, know what to expect when they order from Carbonlution.

Cheers,

Old 10-02-2018, 05:23 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
That is too bad. Hopefully they get back to you at some point and make it right.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same problem with carbonlution with my one of my interior door sills. Uneven finish, dimples and raised circles from bubbles in the resin coat were exchanged for a new sill. The new piece later developed blotches of white in the black fiber and they never responded to calls or emails. The little blotches eventually turned into a 3x5 area and stabilized.