993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

993 RS Race/Track Car For Sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
993 RS Race/Track Car For Sale

I am selling my 993 RS. Many of you are aware of my race car. It is a fully-developed race car (but is street legal and has a title) built originally by noted race car builder, Johnny Fiorino (shop in Toronto) for the Motorola Cup Series (now known as Koni-Challenge). I purchased it in March 2006 from Barry Ellis. Barry is a former Panoz Series Champion and current Grand-Am racer.

The car is classed by PCA as an I stock car (under old classifications was C stock) racing as a 993 RS. The car comes with a current PCA logbook and also has raced in the PBOC series.

It has many of the RS bits including the suspension. Barry set C stock records at Sebring & Barber. I later broke his Barber record twice (surpassed by my business partner, Karl Poeltl this year) and set track records at Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta (twice, also broken by Karl this year). The car has multiple class poles; class wins and podiums.

I have extensive documentation of work performed on the car since I've owned it. Among new parts include all new suspension pieces, new transmission, complete clutch assembly, Peter Dawhe custom headers and a new head and rebuild of the engine.

I chose to buy this car versus a Cup Car at the time because I wanted to get comfortable with the slip angle and car moving around at a lower speeds that that of a Cup Car. This car is very predictable and I've progressed significantly since racing it (it also worked well for Barry).

My plans now are to pursue a 996 Cup Car (allowing upgrades for shock package this year) or build a Cayman S. Karl (racersedge-inc.com) is know in the Porsche circles for his suspension developments for 944 S2's and he has now built a 996 I stock completely PCA legal that is running Koni-Challenge lap times. With his expertise, we can build an unbelievable Cayman S to campaign in PCA. He also has a very-fast World Speed Challenge E46 that he races as funds allow. We're excited about our future business opportunities developing and building race cars.

Please pm me if you are interested in discussing my 993 RS. I can validate all work done and can make one promise, I never get out of my car without a smile on my face. With the values of 993's, I also think the value will remain strong.

The price for my 993 RS is $75,000. Additional photos and summary of work avaliable to seriously interested 6speeders.

Last edited by DHinkle; 07-21-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:03 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
This car couldnt have a better owner...I only hope it goes to someone at least half as worthy!

Good luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:49 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future

Old 07-22-2008, 02:11 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
More pictures.