993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

FVD Brombacher Dansk Exhaust Parts for PorscheŽ 993

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD Brombacher Dansk Exhaust Parts for PorscheŽ 993

Dansk Designed. PorscheŽ Approved.

Dansk offers a complete line of replacement and performance part upgrades including full exhaust systems and replacement bodywork to complement the entire PorscheŽ model range from the earliest 356 to the latest 997. All Dansk products are manufactured to the highest of standards to ensure the quality, factory fitment and performance you expect for your PorscheŽ. This commitment has made Dansk the Original Equipment Supplier to both the PorscheŽ and VolkswagenŽ factories in Germany. These leading automotive manufactures demand Dansk quality, shouldn’t you?

To listen to Dansk Exhaust Sound Files please visit the
Dansk Sound Studio

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-18-2008, 01:50 PM
TexasFly is on a distinguished road
Will I get a check engine light on a 96 C4S with OBDII if I install the cat bypass pipes? Thansk ...

Old 12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TexasFly
Will I get a check engine light on a 96 C4S with OBDII if I install the cat bypass pipes? Thansk ...
TexasFly,

Unfortunately the answer is yes. You would need to run a software file on the ECU to compensate for the bypass pipes. If you would like I can give you an offer on both, just pm me.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by TexasFly
Thanks for inquiring about the software, unfortunately with a 96 Model...

We strongly recommend purchasing a model year 1997 and up ECU for 1996 model year Porsche. 1996 model year ECU EPROM’s could only be flash loaded with software one time. To program these units requires the use of a coding socket which jeopardizes reliability. A late model ECU (1997 and up) can be flashed without the use of a socket and ensures reliable, long lasting operation of the engine management system.

The current cost of a new 97' DME is around $2,345.00. You can alway's get a second hand unit but I would highly suggest checking around for the best price on a new unit.

The software retails for $ 995.00.

Your DME must be shipped to us. We then ship it out to FVD Germany where the chip is flashed on the test bench. The turnaround is 5 business days.

With the Bypass Pipes and the Software you will see 300-305 Hp. That is up from 285 HP. I know that does not seem like very much, but you will certainly notice more immediate throttle response. Also the mid range and top end torque will be more enjoyable. Here is the dyno so that you can see where the results are most noticeable....

I will pm you with the combined cost's. I know that it may seem cost prohibitive but you can take it one step at a time...

Thanks for your inquiry,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Juha is an unknown quantity at this point
So what happens to the heating system if one uses FVD headers? Does FVD offer a product that would retain the heating? I can't imagine having a car without a working heating system anywhere else than tropics...

Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Juha
So what happens to the heating system if one uses FVD headers? Does FVD offer a product that would retain the heating? I can't imagine having a car without a working heating system anywhere else than tropics...
Juha,

The items that I posted for Dansk are considered their sport set up. Dansk also makes header's that retain heating. They retail for $ 703.00 per side, here is a picture.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net