993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

993 supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 05:36 PM
nreddy is on a distinguished road
993 supercharger

Can anyone post their experience with the TPC supercharger system
Reliability, performance, issues etc
Thx
ps have a 1995 993 carrera narrow body

Old 06-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Doc_Porsche will become famous soon enoughDoc_Porsche will become famous soon enough
gotta do a search... lots of info there

Old 06-26-2015, 08:00 PM
mr_bock will become famous soon enoughmr_bock will become famous soon enough
I have a 1996 993 C2 on which I had a TPC Supercharger installed. I have put on about 20k miles since then. Awesome upgrade, best mod for performance in my book. I use to live near their shop in MD. I saw a customers car that had 100k miles on it with the SC kit. The power band is soooo wide, it makes the car more fun to drive. No issues for me. Had the car up to 180 mph (speedo reading) with 1000 more rpm to red line!

Do the search as suggested here and on Rennlist 993 forum. There is tons of info.

Good Luck!!!!

Old 06-27-2015, 03:37 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mr_bock
I have a 1996 993 C2 on which I had a TPC Supercharger installed. I have put on about 20k miles since then. Awesome upgrade, best mod for performance in my book. I use to live near their shop in MD. I saw a customers car that had 100k miles on it with the SC kit. The power band is soooo wide, it makes the car more fun to drive. No issues for me. Had the car up to 180 mph (speedo reading) with 1000 more rpm to red line!

Do the search as suggested here and on Rennlist 993 forum. There is tons of info.

Good Luck!!!!
Just saw the pics. Nice job!
Did they lower the compression ratio?
Cost of the conversion?
All heating and a/c normal? It looks like they had to remove some duct work.
Did you get a dyno check?

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 06-27-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:29 PM
mr_bock will become famous soon enoughmr_bock will become famous soon enough
Glad you asked!!!!

I had a shop near Chicago do the work to a very high standard. I applied my touch with matched ports, smoothed welds, all aluminum parts gold irridited for corrosion resistance.

The car was dyno'd at 202 rwhp stock (about 2200 miles OD). With the SC installed and tweaked by TPC on their dyno, got 322 rwhp. No inter cooler installed. Since then, I had the engine refreshed with new exhaust valves, new rings, main bearings, center main bearing drilled for oil feed, fuel injectors cleaned and balanced, etc... I expect a bit more power now.

Stock compression, running about 4 pis boost. The rear heater fan motor is gone (will need to install fan bypass relay - do the search on this). I still had cabin heat, but now live in FL so it is not an issue). The AC is not affected at all.

The conversion cost was about $14,000 USD about seven years ago. The install can be a DIY if you can pull the engine, and fabricate some brackets, and air lines (hose and tube) for a clean install. I had TPC do a final tune to get the last 10% optimized. For me , the inter cooler makes for a cleaner/less complicated install. I do not get any ping/knock under hard acceleration!!!

I am a very happy customer!!!!

I used TPC to help with picking out new springs and shocks, JRZ shocks!!! Call them and talk to Tom, he can advise you to meet your needs.

Best Bang for the Buck!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:05 PM
nreddy is on a distinguished road
thx for the feedback