6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Please help me resolve these codes (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/101683-please-help-me-resolve-these-codes.html)

Zuma 911 10-12-2007 08:57 AM

Please help me resolve these codes

I was running in what seemed to be limp-mode, whereas my boost pressure was .4 max, then wammo...CEL and ABS. I pulled the codes using Durametric:

P0103 Porsche Hot Film MAF Sensor
P1250 Boost Pressure Deviation
P1109

For the P0103 I will probably replace the MAF, and try and clean the old one for spare. Anyone have a suggestion on cleaning old MAFs(Acetone spray, followed by IPA spray ?)

As for the boost problem, I just switch hoses. On the intercooler fittings, I felt one solid "snap" or engagement.
I have heard others say I should hear two "snap engagements" ?? Also, the stock hoses have a viton oring on each fitting, but the new hoses don't, were they forgotten? and thats why I am leaking boost??

Thanks for any help !

slant911 10-12-2007 08:59 AM

Can't be of much help on the boost hoses issue, but on cleaning the MAF there is a product at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc... that is a special spray safe for the MAF. I've used that and appears to work great.

wross996TT 10-12-2007 09:13 AM

P1109: Input Variables, charge measurement - above limit

Possible cause:
  • Heavily soiled throttle
  • Throttle adjusting unit faulty
  • MAF faulty
P1250: Boost Pressure Control Deviation - Above Limit

Possible fault cause:
  • Bypass flaps incorrectly adjusted
  • Turbocharger faulty
P0103: 115 Mass Air Flow Sensor - Above Limit

Possible fault cause
  • Intake air system on pressure side (between turbocharger and engine) leaks
  • Short circuit to B+
  • Mass air flow sensor faulty
  • Throttle jacking unit faulty
I would say blown MAF...unfortunately if the MAF is blown no cleaning will help you...this is a myth.

Also quite possibly you have a leak.

Valley996TT 10-12-2007 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zuma 911 (Post 1395615)
I was running in what seemed to be limp-mode, whereas my boost pressure was .4 max, then wammo...CEL and ABS. I pulled the codes using Durametric:

P0103 Porsche Hot Film MAF Sensor
P1250 Boost Pressure Deviation
P1109

For the P0103 I will probably replace the MAF, and try and clean the old one for spare. Anyone have a suggestion on cleaning old MAFs(Acetone spray, followed by IPA spray ?)

As for the boost problem, I just switch hoses. On the intercooler fittings, I felt one solid "snap" or engagement.
I have heard others say I should hear two "snap engagements" ?? Also, the stock hoses have a viton oring on each fitting, but the new hoses don't, were they forgotten? and thats why I am leaking boost??

Thanks for any help !

I had almost the exact problem with my TT when I changed the hoses and replaced the stock filter with an oiled K&N. I bought a replacement MAF and cleaned the old MAF with cleaner I got at one of the national automotive parts chains. When I blew the new MAF, I replaced it with the old cleaned one that is currently on my car and have not had a problem with it at all.

As far as the hoses, did you get the Agency silicone hoses? When I replaced my stock hoses with the new silicone hoses I didn't notice the o-rings on the stock hoses. The Agency hoses didn't come with o-rings and I installed them without the o-rings. Well, needless to say, my car about had a fit with all of the leaks when the boost increased. My car kept going into limp mode after taking it out for a test drive and it was driving me crazy! I did a search on this forum and noticed in a thread that someone mentioned not to forget to use o-rings when changing hoses. I went back out to my garage and sure enough, I noticed the stock hoses had o-rings and my new hoses did not. After taking the rear-end bumper off and putting the stock hose o-rings on my new silicone hoses, I took the car for a test drive. Bingo, no more limp mode! So, if you didn't put o-rings on your hoses, I'm pretty sure this will solve your limp-mode problem. Good luck!

Adam Bowles 10-12-2007 07:33 PM

^^^Great info^^^

Sorry for the OT, but how do you like the Agency Power Boost hoses?

Zuma 911 10-12-2007 08:18 PM

Thanks to all for the help

Well I'm back up and running. I hate to have to come clean about this, but maybe it will help someone else. I installed the new hoses and didn't notice they didn't have o-rings on them. The car was pissed, and leaking boost like crazy. I took the old o-rings off my stock hoses re-installed them, and cleared the codes with the Durametric software. All codes cleared and the car runs great. I had done so many mod's at once, I surely thought I screwed something else up...but it was a simple mistake that I did late in the evening after trying to rush to finish. The lesson I learned was take you time, pay attention to everything, and if things don't work...ask the board. Agency boost hose are very high quality IMHO...they just need o-rings...LOL

Valley996tt nailed it!!!

Thanks to all...Tom