996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Please help me resolve these codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Please help me resolve these codes

I was running in what seemed to be limp-mode, whereas my boost pressure was .4 max, then wammo...CEL and ABS. I pulled the codes using Durametric:

P0103 Porsche Hot Film MAF Sensor
P1250 Boost Pressure Deviation
P1109

For the P0103 I will probably replace the MAF, and try and clean the old one for spare. Anyone have a suggestion on cleaning old MAFs(Acetone spray, followed by IPA spray ?)

As for the boost problem, I just switch hoses. On the intercooler fittings, I felt one solid "snap" or engagement.
I have heard others say I should hear two "snap engagements" ?? Also, the stock hoses have a viton oring on each fitting, but the new hoses don't, were they forgotten? and thats why I am leaking boost??

Thanks for any help !

Old 10-12-2007, 08:59 AM
slant911 is on a distinguished road
Can't be of much help on the boost hoses issue, but on cleaning the MAF there is a product at Autozone, Pep Boys, etc... that is a special spray safe for the MAF. I've used that and appears to work great.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:13 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
P1109: Input Variables, charge measurement - above limit

Possible cause:
  • Heavily soiled throttle
  • Throttle adjusting unit faulty
  • MAF faulty
P1250: Boost Pressure Control Deviation - Above Limit

Possible fault cause:
  • Bypass flaps incorrectly adjusted
  • Turbocharger faulty
P0103: 115 Mass Air Flow Sensor - Above Limit

Possible fault cause
  • Intake air system on pressure side (between turbocharger and engine) leaks
  • Short circuit to B+
  • Mass air flow sensor faulty
  • Throttle jacking unit faulty
I would say blown MAF...unfortunately if the MAF is blown no cleaning will help you...this is a myth.

Also quite possibly you have a leak.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Valley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really niceValley996TT is just really nice
Originally Posted by Zuma 911
I was running in what seemed to be limp-mode, whereas my boost pressure was .4 max, then wammo...CEL and ABS. I pulled the codes using Durametric:

P0103 Porsche Hot Film MAF Sensor
P1250 Boost Pressure Deviation
P1109

For the P0103 I will probably replace the MAF, and try and clean the old one for spare. Anyone have a suggestion on cleaning old MAFs(Acetone spray, followed by IPA spray ?)

As for the boost problem, I just switch hoses. On the intercooler fittings, I felt one solid "snap" or engagement.
I have heard others say I should hear two "snap engagements" ?? Also, the stock hoses have a viton oring on each fitting, but the new hoses don't, were they forgotten? and thats why I am leaking boost??

Thanks for any help !

I had almost the exact problem with my TT when I changed the hoses and replaced the stock filter with an oiled K&N. I bought a replacement MAF and cleaned the old MAF with cleaner I got at one of the national automotive parts chains. When I blew the new MAF, I replaced it with the old cleaned one that is currently on my car and have not had a problem with it at all.

As far as the hoses, did you get the Agency silicone hoses? When I replaced my stock hoses with the new silicone hoses I didn't notice the o-rings on the stock hoses. The Agency hoses didn't come with o-rings and I installed them without the o-rings. Well, needless to say, my car about had a fit with all of the leaks when the boost increased. My car kept going into limp mode after taking it out for a test drive and it was driving me crazy! I did a search on this forum and noticed in a thread that someone mentioned not to forget to use o-rings when changing hoses. I went back out to my garage and sure enough, I noticed the stock hoses had o-rings and my new hoses did not. After taking the rear-end bumper off and putting the stock hose o-rings on my new silicone hoses, I took the car for a test drive. Bingo, no more limp mode! So, if you didn't put o-rings on your hoses, I'm pretty sure this will solve your limp-mode problem. Good luck!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
^^^Great info^^^

Sorry for the OT, but how do you like the Agency Power Boost hoses?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Zuma 911 has a spectacular aura aboutZuma 911 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to all for the help

Well I'm back up and running. I hate to have to come clean about this, but maybe it will help someone else. I installed the new hoses and didn't notice they didn't have o-rings on them. The car was pissed, and leaking boost like crazy. I took the old o-rings off my stock hoses re-installed them, and cleared the codes with the Durametric software. All codes cleared and the car runs great. I had done so many mod's at once, I surely thought I screwed something else up...but it was a simple mistake that I did late in the evening after trying to rush to finish. The lesson I learned was take you time, pay attention to everything, and if things don't work...ask the board. Agency boost hose are very high quality IMHO...they just need o-rings...LOL

Valley996tt nailed it!!!

Thanks to all...Tom

Last edited by Zuma 911; 10-12-2007 at 08:21 PM.