996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 or RUF RGT RS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 08:00 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT2 or RUF RGT RS

I'm in the process of selling my modded TT. What would you guys get, an 04 GT2 or Ruf's new RGT-RS? This is reported to be Ruf's take on the GT3 RS except lighter, with Ruf intergrated roll cage and slightly more power. Which would be the better driving experience and have more exclusivity/resaleability in the long run?
I think I might miss the torque of the turbo car. Decisions....

Old 05-19-2004, 08:18 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
don't know anything about the RUF but it sounds like the obvious choice. My guess is it's quite a bit more than the actual market price of a GT2 though

Old 05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Fanman is on a distinguished road
Actually

Originally posted by offroadr35
don't know anything about the RUF but it sounds like the obvious choice. My guess is it's quite a bit more than the actual market price of a GT2 though
Actually the Ruf car is in this months R&T. It's price will be around $170's. It will be about 150 kg lighter than the regular GT3 at 2750 lbs, has a bit more torque, and a bit more hp. I would say it depends on whether you want a turboed, but heavier car with massive torque that would help in everyday driving or a high rpm, NA, very light car. If you are going to be using it for an everyday car I would suggest the GT2, if it is for occasional use, but with track usage then the RUF is a very nice car (roll cage, weight, etc.)

Old 05-19-2004, 09:14 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
what do you want the car for?

Old 05-19-2004, 09:19 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, misread your question originally. The car will be used mostly on the street with roughly a dozen combined track and DE sessions per year. Will likely keep the milage under 5k/yr. I've done all I wanted to the TT and looking for a possible move up but don't see anything that competes with the overall Porsche experience. I've been hearing so much about the GT cars of late that they are my top consideration. Additionally, it appears that new 997 series TT or GT is not around the corner. Can't quite swing the CGT. Again, my car is in the for-sale section if interested.

Last edited by NelsonF; 05-19-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:21 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GT2 or RUF RGT RS

Originally posted by NelsonF
I'm in the process of selling my modded TT. What would you guys get, an 04 GT2 or Ruf's new RGT-RS? This is reported to be Ruf's take on the GT3 RS except lighter, with Ruf intergrated roll cage and slightly more power. Which would be the better driving experience and have more exclusivity/resaleability in the long run?
I think I might miss the torque of the turbo car. Decisions....
I suppose if you were missing torque, you could add the Gemballa 600 hp Twin Turbo kit to the RGT. Then you would have a car that no one could touch!!!

http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/gemballa/600gt3/g600gt3.html

Old 05-19-2004, 09:39 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
could someone please post more info and pics of this ruf car?

-Steve

Old 05-19-2004, 09:45 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by offroadr35
could someone please post more info and pics of this ruf car?

-Steve
As you wish... :-)

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...hlight=ruf+RGT

Old 05-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Dabum is an unknown quantity at this point
Hands down go for the Ruf.

I love the GT2, its going to be my next car, but I think that the RUF is not only beautiful but extremely rare. They hold their value very well.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Get the Ruf so you can tell us all about it. After all, one of us has to be the guinea pig, might as well be you!

Old 05-19-2004, 07:31 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
It is the ultimate trackday 996 Derviative, go for it! It will be an amazing and incredibly rare and unique car

all the best
adam

Old 05-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Crash is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by AdamT
It is the ultimate trackday 996 Derviative, go for it! It will be an amazing and incredibly rare and unique car

all the best
adam
While thatテつエs true Iテつエd also caution Nelson to consider this: both the GT2 and the RGT RS are truly expensive cars and I wouldnテつエt really track them unless I could afford to buy one of them while being able to keep the TT. If I were you, Iテつエd just buy a used Z06 Vette for track days. Itテつエs pretty light and you wonテつエt break the bank if you total the damn thing.

Old 05-19-2004, 11:18 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
If you kept the tt and totalled the RGT on the track you would be in the same trouble as selling the tt and totally the RGT on the track surely?

There is always a good argument to go for the Z06, bang for the buck it is incredible but I think Nelson is much more keen to go for the Porsche/RUF route

all the best
adam

all the best
adam

Old 05-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Excellent feedback gents. I have a lot to consider. Given that the car will see the majority of the time on the street, I keep wondering if I'll miss the nearly instantaneous torque of my modded TT. It appears a number of people who have moved to GT3's are looking to move to the GT2 to capture that missing ingredient. I have not heard the reverse of this. Its one of those things that once you have it you don't want to give it up. Funny, I used to be a big normally aspirated proponent for the much more linear/controlable response. I should probably keep my TT and buy GT3 or an older 911 modified for the track but have been considering a possible single choice. Thanks again for your varied responses.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:07 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Crash
While thatテつエs true Iテつエd also caution Nelson to consider this: both the GT2 and the RGT RS are truly expensive cars and I wouldnテつエt really track them unless I could afford to buy one of them while being able to keep the TT. If I were you, Iテつエd just buy a used Z06 Vette for track days. Itテつエs pretty light and you wonテつエt break the bank if you total the damn thing.

the odds are probably higher of having some idiot side swipe you on the freeway

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 or RUF RGT RS