996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Key Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Glory Days is on a distinguished road
Key Replacement

I have just created a nightmare for myself. I lost the only key I had to my 03tt. It is a 6 speed and is unlocked in my garage. The question I have at this time is when I receive my keys cut (not yet programmed), can I insert one into the ignition to unlock the steering, without setting off the alarm? This would make the towing easier. Second, is there anything I need to be carefull of so that I don't have to replace any other parts such as the immobilizer? I know the dealer will have to program the keys.
As a new member, I have found invaluable info in solving other issues with my Porsche. Hope you can help me with this problem.
Thanks to all for your help.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by Glory Days
I have just created a nightmare for myself. I lost the only key I had to my 03tt. It is a 6 speed and is unlocked in my garage. The question I have at this time is when I receive my keys cut (not yet programmed), can I insert one into the ignition to unlock the steering, without setting off the alarm? This would make the towing easier. Second, is there anything I need to be carefull of so that I don't have to replace any other parts such as the immobilizer? I know the dealer will have to program the keys.
As a new member, I have found invaluable info in solving other issues with my Porsche. Hope you can help me with this problem.
Thanks to all for your help.
Tough luck.
Get a new key from the dealer from your vin# and proof of owenership.
the dealer can send some one to program it to your ECU.
if not
you can disconect the battery and the alam will be off put the new key in to unlock steering and have it flat bed to the dealer for programing.

Good luck
Elliot

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Glory Days is on a distinguished road
thanks,
I've got the keys ordered. I don't think the dealer is interested in doing a house call, so I'll disconnect the battery and have it towed to the dealer.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
only the dealer can help

unfortunately