996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:04 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
pocono was a blast verry cold,rain stopped early sat morning.so after the first run it dryed out .where were all the east coast trackers.it was me and drew.slow group up here drew blew away the guys in black and i smoked every one execpt one guy pablo in an older porsche with 250 hp but this guy was fast in the infield a really good driver.maybe they should of put him in black.oh yea and this other guy with a white gt3 was really pounding fast,turned out he was a she a really good driver.and this was only her 2nd time at pocono north. back at zone 2 last mounth at her home track vir i couldn't keep up,very fast she is.

and tonight 12:01 am friday. is sign up for nnjr mid ohio event june 6-8 who's going?

Old 04-10-2008, 07:42 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
going to VIR wed and thursday!!!!!!! full course!!!!! the car is ready!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stuart997gt3
pocono was a blast verry cold,rain stopped early sat morning.so after the first run it dryed out .where were all the east coast trackers.it was me and drew.slow group up here drew blew away the guys in black and i smoked every one execpt one guy pablo in an older porsche with 250 hp but this guy was fast in the infield a really good driver.maybe they should of put him in black.oh yea and this other guy with a white gt3 was really pounding fast,turned out he was a she a really good driver.and this was only her 2nd time at pocono north. back at zone 2 last mounth at her home track vir i couldn't keep up,very fast she is.

and tonight 12:01 am friday. is sign up for nnjr mid ohio event june 6-8 who's going?
NICE Stu, i'll see you SUNDAY! BTW I'm signing up for mid ohio with you as a definite, bring your track event list with you Sunday. I am losing track dammit!!!!!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
So,

say you are putting H&R sways and JIC cross 8/12's with Agency power front sway bar rods (big strong things) and all sorts of agency power stuff in back (the Vivid set up with an H&R front and the strong front sway rods...)......

Which tire size (Michelin PS2's for now once the stock tires die in a DE or two) would you use. Wheels are stock turbo 8" and 11" hollows:

225/295 (stock)

235/315 (gt2 sized, still N2)

?????? Wider seems better, but will wheels be "too" narrow and promote tire roll?

For me, high end street tires make sense, for a while at least.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 04-10-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
The GT2 size is fine and what I ran on the stock wheels all the time.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
So,

say you are putting H&R sways and JIC cross 8/12's with Agency power front sway bar rods (big strong things) and all sorts of agency power stuff in back (the Vivid set up with an H&R front and the strong front sway rods...)......

Which tire size (Michelin PS2's for now once the stock tires die in a DE or two) would you use. Wheels are stock turbo 8" and 11" hollows:

225/295 (stock)

235/315 (gt2 sized, still N2)

?????? Wider seems better, but will wheels be "too" narrow and promote tire roll?

For me, high end street tires make sense, for a while at least.

Jeff
238/315 will work NICELY with stock Hollowspokes, not too big at all!

Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Thanks guys. Going for the N2 PS2 in the GT2 size and the above.

Driveway first. Don't ask. Then, the JIC Cross's will be at a "good" height for real use.....

For now, we plan to use GT2 settings for the suspension unless someone has settings that are better:

-nice to tires (important at 400+ per rear tire....)
-good on the track
-good on the road...

Then seat time.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:23 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Very cool. Thanks guys. Going for the N2 PS2 in the GT2 size and the above.

Driveway first. Don't ask. Then, the JIC Cross's will be at a "good" height for real use.....

For now, we plan to use GT2 settings for the suspension unless someone has settings that are better:

-nice to tires (important at 400+ per rear tire....)
-good on the track
-good on the road...

Then seat time.
keep an eye on inside rear tire wear and as you notice it, flip the rear tires right to left for even wear and more bang for the buck

Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
ND4SPED is infamous around these parts
I signed up last night as well. Also doing VIR with Car Guys 3 Days in Aug.

Originally Posted by stuart997gt3

Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
keep an eye on inside rear tire wear and as you notice it, flip the rear tires right to left for even wear and more bang for the buck
Tom how do you know when it's time to do so?

Originally Posted by ND4SPED
I signed up last night as well. Also doing VIR with Car Guys 3 Days in Aug.
WOW man how have you been? Haven't seen you around here in a while!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
ND4SPED is infamous around these parts
To much work and no play. But all that is changing this season. Hope we can hook up this year at the track. Wanted to get to VIR with you guys but was not able to get away.
Sound like all is well with you and the car.

Originally Posted by iLLM3

Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by ND4SPED
To much work and no play. But all that is changing this season. Hope we can hook up this year at the track. Wanted to get to VIR with you guys but was not able to get away.
Sound like all is well with you and the car.
Ahh I see... I'm making up for lost time, last summer I didn't get to enjoy my car at all and it just sat Now i'm out and about, have some good time this summer before the fall when it gets crazy again.

Want to join us for VIR, 3 day event May 23-25? It's posted on Rennlist and set up by the First Settler's Region,should be as big as Zone 2!

Martin

Old 04-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
Not sure if you 'can' do this on PS2..but will look into to it...I know the Yoko Neova let you do this and come in GT2 sizing.....anyone have good feelings about those tires....?

I have a very gentle set-up now on my car-> tire wear is very even for a 9996tt per my mechanic...my hope is to keep that kind of thing going in the new set-up, even if I lose 3/10ths a lap...I don't care.

(my wallet will be heavier too, slowing me down if I protect the tires )

The fall NJ opening of the new track may be a good place for us to congregate as a group. It is supposed to be nice like VIR ....but I loved VIR and plan to be back next year rain or shine!

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 04-11-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3

Just keep an eye out for early wear then flip them

and yes you can do that with the PS2's. I sure did it alot.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:35 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 930man
going to VIR wed and thursday!!!!!!! full course!!!!! the car is ready!
wish i was going too vir world preimier have fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: East Coast Trackers...vir Mar 08 Pca Zone 2 Event!!!