996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

February 2, 2008 - 60 to 130 Event at Lonestar in Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
haha^^^ KPG not sure were the 9.24 came from? The best i remember was a 9.5. There was another car that supposedly ran the same time as me yesterday. Could someone post both graphs of the other car and mine? Also it would be cool to see Powell and I side by side like you did for Peter and Sean.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Ryan it has some degree of error it doesnt take in to factor when it just says 9.5. There are other factors that can effect that number that just the box doesn't take into effect.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I know, but I'm curious about the deceleration at around 70(is it a shift or tire spin?). None the less, had a good time. Can't wait to see you and Matt's finished product!

Old 02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
If I'm reading the graph right it looks like on your best run you actually started in 2nd and shifted to 3rd and into 4th?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
If I'm reading the graph right it looks like on your best run you actually started in 2nd and shifted to 3rd and into 4th?
No that bump is eather tire spin or maybe alittle movement of his foot on the gas. If he would have started in 2nd he would have a bigger gap, due to the 2nd to 3rd shift should take as long as the 3rd to 4th if not longer since its an forward movement. I think the box just read out the number wrong on the screen, but the data clearly shows a 9.2 pass. Congrats to both of you to awesome runs! And thanks again Peter another badass event!!!!!!!
Matt

Old 02-03-2008, 01:34 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
haha^^^ KPG not sure were the 9.24 came from? The best i remember was a 9.5. There was another car that supposedly ran the same time as me yesterday. Could someone post both graphs of the other car and mine? Also it would be cool to see Powell and I side by side like you did for Peter and Sean.
Ryan, you tell me? If you think it is wrong perhaps you should talk to Peter as well since he sent me an email before I ever even opened a .dbn file with the times as he determined. He had you at 9.24 sec as well. If you would like me to forward that email I would be more than happy to.The only difference that Peter and I had in the times was he had Jitsu at 8.60 and I had it at 8.59. He knows why we have a .01 difference in times and the reasoning behind it and I am sure he will explain it to you if required. As for you and Powell, the .22 sec difference only equates to 36ft in distance over the run, which means side by side on those runs you would be ahead by 2.5 car lengths or so...hardly significant. Powell did 9.48 in 1406 ft , you had 9.26 sec in 1370 ft. This was the file that arrived in my email, all the data was in separate folders. The 9.24 was in the file named Ryan A. If it isnt your file then talk to Peter. Yes, I will do a satellite and side by side of you and Powell. Would you like any particular color for your graph lines

Last edited by KPG; 02-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
There are other factors that can effect that number that just the box doesn't take into effect.
What are those factors?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
What are those factors?
I think he means, Minor clutch slip or tire spin but I could be wrong. Also the whole day had a massive headwind and at times a cross wind, to bad we can never get a tail wind the track was build the wrong way! lol
Matt

Old 02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Lil Powell
I think he means, Minor clutch slip or tire spin but I could be wrong. Also the whole day had a massive headwind and at times a cross wind, to bad we can never get a tail wind the track was build the wrong way! lol
Matt
The box will show tire slip...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:16 PM
KPG
Ryan here is the sat shot and the side by side graph you asked for....

Old 02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah I was looking at the graphs wrong to begin with. It's my own fault.

But 2-2.5 cars is not going to be how it is on the street. We are going by a run that was my 2nd full 60-130 pass that I've ever made. I'm sure I can pick up more myself. Plus the box cannot factor in the fact that at some points of the day the headwind was VERY strong. Thats the only thing now that I can think of that it can't factor, other than heat/dew point/etc. It went from about 75* to about 60* during the day.

Only thing I don't understand is how can the box be that off when it gives you the estimate. I can understand like .05 or so off, but it was .2 off.

Regardless I am happy with my times.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Damn Ryan I was scared of stopping at the point where I let out! I don't know how you made it!! You were close to the end!!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
KPG
Yeah I was looking at the graphs wrong to begin with. It's my own fault.

But 2-2.5 cars is not going to be how it is on the street. We are going by a run that was my 2nd full 60-130 pass that I've ever made. I'm sure I can pick up more myself. Plus the box cannot factor in the fact that at some points of the day the headwind was VERY strong. Thats the only thing now that I can think of that it can't factor, other than heat/dew point/etc. It went from about 75* to about 60* during the day.

Only thing I don't understand is how can the box be that off when it gives you the estimate. I can understand like .05 or so off, but it was .2 off.

Regardless I am happy with my times.
Chris, I am sure it will be different on the street and to be honest, I really dont care. Peter asked me to do some leg work for him on this data. Who is running what doesnt matter a whole lot to me. The box does factor in head winds because it gives you the accurate time for that run at that time. If your car is slower of faster due to climatic conditions it will read your car's time during those conditions. Granted, it cant compensate for you running your car with a 20 knot headwind at Noon and Ryan running a 20 knot tailwind at 2PM... If you guys just run side by side every time then those runs will be an accurate comparison since you are both affected by the same winds and temps. As for what the unit displays and what it produces in the data file after it has been read, I dont know. I have always noticed that on mine any reading on the display can be + or - .1 or .15 when the data is downloaded. It isnt perfect , but for 400 or so dollars it is real hard to beat. Vbox does have a unit called the Vbox3 that updates a 100 times a second that is used for calibration and certification. You can pick one up for around 15K$ or so....

Old 02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Chris, I am sure it will be different on the street and to be honest, I really dont care. Peter asked me to do some leg work for him on this data. Who is running what doesnt matter a whole lot to me. The box does factor in head winds because it gives you the accurate time for that run at that time. If your car is slower of faster due to climatic conditions it will read your car's time during those conditions. Granted, it cant compensate for you running your car with a 20 knot headwind at Noon and Ryan running a 20 knot tailwind at 2PM... If you guys just run side by side every time then those runs will be an accurate comparison since you are both affected by the same winds and temps. As for what the unit displays and what it produces in the data file after it has been read, I dont know. I have always noticed that on mine any reading on the display can be + or - .1 or .15 when the data is downloaded. It isnt perfect , but for 400 or so dollars it is real hard to beat. Vbox does have a unit called the Vbox3 that updates a 100 times a second that is used for calibration and certification. You can pick one up for around 15K$ or so....
Ty for the explanations. I really do not know much about them. It's a bad *** unit for the $400! Though for $15k I'd rather put my money elsewhere

Thank you for spending the time though going through them and putting ours together.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:01 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Nice runs guys and thanks to Peter for throwing these events!

What are the specs on the S/C vette? and the Supra
Type of S/C and dyno figures, etc.?

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: February 2, 2008 - 60 to 130 Event at Lonestar in Houston, TX