996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 add on rear wing - UP POSITION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 PM
jagsiva is on a distinguished road
GT2 add on rear wing - UP POSITION

I am looking at getting a GT2 front bumper and add-on rear wing. While i look of the rear wing while its down, I am not sure what it will look like up. Can anyone post pics of this? Does it look too high?

THanks!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:27 PM
StrathRoy is on a distinguished road
I have one now - I ordered it from Misha - I'll be installing it in about 3 weeks, if you can wait that long - and the best thing is - I'M IN STRATHROY!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by StrathRoy
I have one now - I ordered it from Misha - I'll be installing it in about 3 weeks, if you can wait that long - and the best thing is - I'M IN STRATHROY!
Cool, what colour is your car? i have not seen 996 TT around here. Let me know how the install goes, there's a guy in London that's worked on my Lexus before that i was going to take mine to. Also, was looking at either Misha or MA Shaw for the bits.

Are you having the front ducts trimmed or are you purchasing GT2 ducts?

Pic of my car attached in case you've seen me around, its an 05 TTS

Cheers....

Attached Images  
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 PM
StrathRoy is on a distinguished road
I only have the rear wing for now. I have a seal grey '01 that I just bought at the end of last year, too late to enjoy it!
I've got the wing now, and I'll be getting it painted locally. You are more than welcome to "try it on" in the meantime! PM me if you would like.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:44 PM
3rd Street is on a distinguished road
i just gotta say...it's sooo cool to see fellow pcar owners hookin up in Canada and other parts of the world on this site just as i do with my local pcar enthusiasts...cheers!

Old 02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
Thats one thing I love about this site...........You never know how many P-cars there is local, until you come here to see them. BTW I am in Milton, not too far from both of the Ontario guys.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Jag, my $0.02, who cares what the wing looks like "up", unless you're fiddling with the switch, when you're on the outside of the car (parked), it'll be down

But seriously, I prefer the look down too, but there are lots of pics on Misha's site with the wing both up and down, and it looks pretty good either way.

I've got the wing too, getting painted next week. Can't wait. I'm thinking hard on the GT2 front as well, man that looks really hot. Geez, it looks like our cars are going to continue being twins for the foreseeable future

Hope all's well out in TO.

Cheers

Pro

Old 02-03-2008, 04:15 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
jagsiva, nice looking TTS! Did you bought your local? if your car come with GT3 wheels, H&R coilover, then i know your car!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Ray
jagsiva, nice looking TTS! Did you bought your local? if your car come with GT3 wheels, H&R coilover, then i know your car!
Ray, mine is from Texas.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
All GT2 lookalike wings look too high when in the up position.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Hung is on a distinguished road
Is that what you looking for?

Old 02-03-2008, 12:42 PM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
my wing doesnt raise! i musta not paid for that option

Old 02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Hung. Btw, the pic of the yellow TT through the window makes the car look really high off the ground, is that the real?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Superfly
Jag, my $0.02, who cares what the wing looks like "up", unless you're fiddling with the switch, when you're on the outside of the car (parked), it'll be down

But seriously, I prefer the look down too, but there are lots of pics on Misha's site with the wing both up and down, and it looks pretty good either way.

I've got the wing too, getting painted next week. Can't wait. I'm thinking hard on the GT2 front as well, man that looks really hot. Geez, it looks like our cars are going to continue being twins for the foreseeable future

Hope all's well out in TO.

Cheers

Pro
Pro, its only courteous to give the guy you just passed something pretty to look at

Let me know how the wing install goes....BTW i have not put my car away, still drive it when the roads are dry..

Old 02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
mtesh73 will become famous soon enough
i really like the look of the gt2 wing, i am just not sure about adding it on to a TT decklid, as meticulous as i am i think i would have to buy the whole damn gt2 decklid. just my opinion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 add on rear wing - UP POSITION