996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Haven’t heard anything in a long time regarding several BIG HP cars . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !

Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
My car is alive and well! I have nothing to hide from any one nor have I ever. Unfortunately, middle of last year when building the 3.8 kit I encounteed some major head problems! This really slowed down the second build of my project. Currently she is cracking out some major torque and it should make low 800 rwhp at Tx2K8. I think after that I can finished the fuel system and make 900?? It will be a daily driving and a weekend warrior!

Good luck to all of the unique builds out there. I hope to see you all soon.
Welcome to Texas
Robert

Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
My car did grace Modified Magazine.
Robert

Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vividracing
what car did you buy?
Mundane M6.

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
ddidnt you sell the avatar car? r u buying another 996tt maybe a stick one this time? curious to see whats on your plate.
Yes, its sold. No, not another 996TT. Rather, I picked up a M6.

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
My take on all this is that once you hit some HP mark you have to babysit the car a lot more then when you have 700 hp.
Ain't that the truth!!! I am enjoying a car that does not require babysitting.

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by jags911tt
My Car Is Running But Will Be Going Through Some Major Changes This Month
Good luck with the "Major Changes"!!! Details please.

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by cjv
I honestly believe Killer Angel will see the road by this coming June.
Thats good news Chad!! Good luck with the final stretch!

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by 1badgt2
We are building a MoTec controlled 3.8L individual throttle bodied engine where the only stock parts are the casing halves. Big GT35s water cooled, Carillo rods, custom heads, valve train, cams, headers, plenums, etc. with water cooled inner coolers. With the individual throttle bodies, this thing will rev very quickly and provide very smooth power band all the way to 8400RPM. Will dyno the motor in the next 45 days on 100 octane. There are four other motors similarly built in full race cars producing in excess of 850whp. I will keep the forum up to date thru my thread elsewhere in the forum under "a very custom 996 GT2 RSR". Much more to this car than just the engine.
Outstanding!!!! Loren is da man!!!!

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by robmd99
My car is alive and well! I have nothing to hide from any one nor have I ever. Unfortunately, middle of last year when building the 3.8 kit I encounteed some major head problems! This really slowed down the second build of my project. Currently she is cracking out some major torque and it should make low 800 rwhp at Tx2K8. I think after that I can finished the fuel system and make 900?? It will be a daily driving and a weekend warrior!

Good luck to all of the unique builds out there. I hope to see you all soon.
Welcome to Texas
Robert
Glad to hear things are progressing well Rob. What will you be changing with the fuel system to go from 800 rwhp to 900 rwhp? Why can't you make those changes now, rather than later?

Regards,

Craig

Old 02-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1badgt2
We are building a MoTec controlled 3.8L individual throttle bodied engine where the only stock parts are the casing halves. .
I wish there was a stand alone available for our street version turbos... with power windows and A/C... but mostly no MAF

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
chenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the roughchenshan is a jewel in the rough
It's good someone brought this out. I also curious about the longitivity of high power cars but too hesitate to ask.
It's so nice that people are willing to tell what they were going through which can benefit to the follower like me making less mistakes.
What a nice place here!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by Craig
Glad to hear things are progressing well Rob. What will you be changing with the fuel system to go from 800 rwhp to 900 rwhp? Why can't you make those changes now, rather than later?

Regards,

Craig
Craig
What I have found out in building this car is that nothing gets done fast...I would venture a guess to say that a three leg turtle would be faster crossing a street than upgrading the last step to my fuel system. All I need is the intake fuel pump but that takes a week of fab etc . . . which means months or waiting! So if I decided to do it now, I will not be able to run at the supra meet next month.

Cheers
Robert

Old 02-22-2008, 07:41 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
We know that UMW (unfortunately) will not be at TX2K8.

How about EVOMS, they have been extremely quiet (both Joe's??).
Is Zuccone bringing anything to TX2K8?? How about that TT 996 GT3,
that would be awesome to see!

The more the merrier as they say!

Marty

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Haven’t heard anything in a long time regarding several BIG HP cars . . .