996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Looking for a hose: power steering fluid pressure hose FROM the pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:50 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Looking for a hose: power steering fluid pressure hose FROM the pump

Hi.

At the metal crinking section, I noticed a tine (like one drop or two) of moisture when the airbox is off the car (at my mechanics...we both noticed it....). Everything else is dry. All fittings to the reservoir are ok. No noises, etc.

Anyway, anyone have a part number or a location where to get it.

Local shop here says it is $277 dollars and a few (more) hours (to drop the engine...). The mechanic noted to me that the same basic think on a BMW is probably about 50 dollars...

They feel it is SO minor as to leave it alone as it is unlikely to ever be an issue, but to just clean it from time to time to keep an eye on it. You sort of have to have the OEM airbox out to follow/see/find it.

Thanks.

JB