996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Insolent One is on a distinguished road
That is just too funny!!!! Sorry

Originally Posted by riverflyer
Oh, damn, missed that part. I was envisioning him driving around among the humvees in his tt!
Insolent one, sorry for the mix up and thanks, my man, for doing your tour over there. Props to ya.
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Oh, damn, missed that part. I was envisioning him driving around among the humvees in his tt!
Insolent one, sorry for the mix up and thanks, my man, for doing your tour over there. Props to ya.
OK Riverflyer, I'm not busting on you - I see Jay and Adam already took care of that!! I can see where you might have missed it in that long-winded email on post 1. I can assure you - right now NO ONE is cruising the streets of Baghdad in any exotics or nice sports cars. I don't know what they are giving you on the news - and I cannot tell you any details - but suffice it to say - this is the most deadly city on the planet - bar none!!!

PS. Robert - I wish that were my garage. It is the main floor area at Chicago Motorcars.

Thank you all again.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:56 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
We will give it the once-over and stretch her legs.

You want me to just box it up and send it UPS when we finish up?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:25 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looking good!

Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Great looking car...

And for what it's worth, I've dealt with Parin at Chicago Motor Cars and he's about as reputable as it gets. I wouldn't hesitate buying a car from them...

Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Welcome and nice Porsche.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by iJeremy
We will give it the once-over and stretch her legs.

You want me to just box it up and send it UPS when we finish up?
Thanks man. I want to know everything about her - good and bad. I want to make sure she is getting the best care and performing the way she was meant to be. If you have any questions or concerns, the best way to get me is by email. fsc1sg@yahoo.com

I also just sent you a PM with a few specifics. Thanks again.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Congrats! Great looking car...

And for what it's worth, I've dealt with Parin at Chicago Motor Cars and he's about as reputable as it gets. I wouldn't hesitate buying a car from them...
Thanks for the input. Parin has taken care of just about everything that has come up. My only issues with Chicago were the little things (salesman told me a few things about the car that were incorrect, car was delivered without the remote for the head unit, car was delivered 3 days after the delivery date). All of it stuff that he did not know about until after the fact.

Other than that - the transaction was perfect!! However, it has left me wondering about how thorough the PPI was. But were getting that checked soon.

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR THE WARM WELCOME TO 6SPEED!!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM
chicagomotorcars will become famous soon enough
Welcome to 6 speed. I know you will LOVE her. I personally drove the car it is a great looking, sounding, driving machine. It has a lot of upgrades and $$$ in it. The wheels are definitely champions (I could have told you that.) I apoligize if JOE the sales person led you to believe that they are RUF wheels. The exhaust on the car is a TUBI. (sounds great). Your family in kansas were great and helpful. Unfortunately I can not control the retard Transporters(They are the worst). If you have any questions or concerns please call me directly at 630-333-6266 cell.

Thanks
Parin Shah
President- Chicago Motor Cars

Old 03-07-2008, 05:09 AM
ttpower will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Insolent One
Hey All,

Just want to take a second to post a few pics and say thanks. I've been hanging out in the background for the last few weeks reading and learning.

I've waited my whole life for this car - and now that I have it - I can't even touch it. In fact, I won't even see it for the first time until May - when I get home on leave. Until then, I'm going to hang out here with you guys during my down time from guarding the frontiers of freedom. Thanks in advance for the company.

Hey - If anyone recognizes this car, or knows anything about it let me know. And if you work for IMAGINE AUTO, heads-up, it's coming in for a check-up and dyno next week. I'm going to expect a full report!!!!

Enjoy the pics!!!

David
Welcome to six speed! Beautiful car....congratulations! Do enjoy her and be safe.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If i knew sooner I would take a ride over to the dealer and check her out for you...
what mods are on the car? tuner?

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Parin - Thank you for checking in. Thank you very much for your help. My family informed me that you have provided a great deal of assistance on this transaction, getting the remote and delivery drivers lined-out. No harm done. All-in-all, purchasing the car from you was a very streamlined and easy process. I look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

David

Old 03-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Nice looking car! Love the wheels and exhaust! When you get in and drive, you're not going to be able to wipe the grin from your face!!

Black cars FTW!! Enjoy it.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
If i knew sooner I would take a ride over to the dealer and check her out for you...
what mods are on the car? tuner?
MARKSKI - Thanks for the offer - all is good. The car is with Stephen and Doc at Imagine Auto in Kansas. They are doing a thorough inspection and taking care of a few minor things.

As for the mods - all minor stuff to improve the overall performance. I purchased the car with these things already installed. I'm fairly certain Champion did the work. It has an upgraged GIAC ECU, Forge Diverter Valves, stock airbox with a BMC highflow air filter, Tubi exhaust, and H&R coilovers. The guys at iA are doing a little work then will put it on the Dyno when complete. I'm expecting to see about 490-500bhp and 500-510tq. We'll see. I absolutely cannot wait to get back their for a couple days in May so I can take it out for a spin.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
490 bhp is a lot for a kit car with a fiero motor. We will see what it puts down though.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 AM
OH!!!.....SOMEONE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR TODAY!!!!!!

Dude - When are you taking her out?? Also, I emailed Doc - what do you think about the ride height? I need a professional opinion - Should I raise it .5-.75 inch, or leave it where it's at???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy