996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A few "teaser" pics of my mistress...Sabrina!! MAD props to SharkWerks and MAcarbon!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 AM
AboxsterS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Hi AboxsterS,
Great looking blings!

About the Batwing, where do you actually put the main unit of the Valentine?
I put the main unit right up between the rear view mirror and the center housing where the lights are and top latch. The drivers side visor when pushed forward actually covers the V1 except for the rear facing sensors...pretty stealth. I can take some pics if you like or you can always see it in person. I wired the unit down in the center console and tapped into the unused phone connector that gives 12v power. If youre planning on doing it, I can help out...just let me know.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AboxsterS
I put the main unit right up between the rear view mirror and the center housing where the lights are and top latch. The drivers side visor when pushed forward actually covers the V1 except for the rear facing sensors...pretty stealth. I can take some pics if you like or you can always see it in person. I wired the unit down in the center console and tapped into the unused phone connector that gives 12v power. If youre planning on doing it, I can help out...just let me know.
Thanks AboxsterS,
That's pretty much the best place to put it to get both front and back coverage. I love to have the same setup as yours, but if I do that I'll have to do other CF blings too. My mod budget is already in the red.

Let me know when you'll be at the Row the next time; I really like to see Sabrina in person.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks AboxsterS,
That's pretty much the best place to put it to get both front and back coverage. I love to have the same setup as yours, but if I do that I'll have to do other CF blings too. My mod budget is already in the red.

Let me know when you'll be at the Row the next time; I really like to see Sabrina in person.
I'd have to agree that its the best place. As for the remote display, there are probably other places you can put it; just gotta be a bit creative . I actually ran my V1 without the remote for a while and I relied just on the beeps which when mounted, can be heard pretty well even with the top down. I just like the fact that its hard wired in to switched 12v so its now instant on and off.

Not planning on going to SR for a few more weeks as Im in the middle of works stuff that takes most of my weekend. More than likely, some time in May...I'll let you know when I do. How about EuroSunday? Have you been yet?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
I'd have to agree that its the best place. As for the remote display, there are probably other places you can put it; just gotta be a bit creative . I actually ran my V1 without the remote for a while and I relied just on the beeps which when mounted, can be heard pretty well even with the top down. I just like the fact that its hard wired in to switched 12v so its now instant on and off.

Not planning on going to SR for a few more weeks as Im in the middle of works stuff that takes most of my weekend. More than likely, some time in May...I'll let you know when I do. How about EuroSunday? Have you been yet?
I agree with you 100%, hard wired is much better (my old TT (Audi) was hard wired). You better get copy right for you setup, I'll have the exact same setup if I can put a hole between the heated seat switches.

I missed the last EuroSunday, but went to the one before. Will try to make the next one. Until then my friend, enjoy your rides with Sabrina.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:43 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
My mod budget is already in the red.
That's the first step. The next one is the wife/girl friend then hates ME

Old 04-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by sharkster
That's the first step. The next one is the wife/girl friend then hates ME
Ssshhhh... she doesn't know.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
EuroSunday??

Old 04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
EuroSunday??
Yes...kinda like SR Saturdays but not as often...

http://www.eurosunday.net/

Old 04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
looks terrific!! i'm wondering how does your ride feel w/ the current settings u have on the new Pss10 & sways compared to stock in your opinion?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by patman
looks terrific!! i'm wondering how does your ride feel w/ the current settings u have on the new Pss10 & sways compared to stock in your opinion?
The ride before the suspension upgrade to me felt floaty and unstable at fairly high speeds, especially when taking turns and such. Now, she is as stable as anything I've ever been in. Its not as bouncy as stock and for me, just give me that confidence that I've been looking for.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi AboxsterS,
Great looking blings!

About the Batwing, where do you actually put the main unit of the Valentine?
As promised, here is how the main unit is mounted...enjoy .

Attached Images     
Old 04-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Very nice AboxsterS, very nice.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Abox,
Did you hard wire your V-1 in and how did you do it?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Abox,
Did you hard wire your V-1 in and how did you do it?
Duane,

I did hard wire the V1. There is a plug in the lower center console that is for some sort of telephone option; I believe its in all the 996s. Its a 4 wire plug that has a ground, 12v switched, and 12v unswitched, and telephone mute.

There a diy I used as a guide:

http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/albur30

If you need additional help, PM me and I walk you through the removal of all the pieces and such .

Old 04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
patman will become famous soon enoughpatman will become famous soon enough
The ride before the suspension upgrade to me felt floaty and unstable at fairly high speeds, especially when taking turns and such. Now, she is as stable as anything I've ever been in. Its not as bouncy as stock and for me, just give me that confidence that I've been looking for.
thanks for feedback. I asked because my friend asked if he should go with my JIC COs or these new Pss10. In your opinion which is smoother & softer street ride feel stock or these Pss10? I've the Pss9 on my M3, but don't know the TT is like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few "teaser" pics of my mistress...Sabrina!! MAD props to SharkWerks and MAcarbon!