996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car shipping....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Car shipping....

I finally reach an agreement with a seller for a 2002 seal grey 996TT. But it is not in my driveway yet ( Montreal) . Can anyone propose a good and reliable car shipping company to get the car from Melbourne FL 32934 to Champlain NY 12919. I got quotes from

All American transport, Worlwide auto transport, Able auto transport, Flee transportation, Jayhawk auto transport, Tri star carrier, Total car shipping, Allen auto transport, AA automovers, Cosmos auto transport, Express auto transport, Momentum auto transport, Country wide auto transport,

from $650.00 to $1300.00...

If you see any I should reject don't hesitate.

Should I used enclosed or open carrier...I am on a limited budget but the difference is only about $300.00...

Thanks for your help gentlemen, J.P.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
First, make sure that you are dealing directly with a shipper, not a broker. Just ask - they will tell you. Having shipped a couple of cars, in the future, I would go with an enclosed carrier. Some of the are:
Horseless Carriage
Thomas C Sunday
Intercity Lines
The last two are PCA regular advertisers...

Old 04-13-2008, 12:08 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I actually had a great experience with a broker (Level One Transport) who used Auto Trans Experts. I had my M3 shipped from Miami to San Francisco in an enclosed trailer for about $1300. There were some kick *** cars on the trailer (Z06, Ferrari) and I was very happy with the communication and care.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
fdss is infamous around these parts
Try TFX, Hansen

Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
I would also advise checking out whomever you choose at this site.

http://www.transportreviews.com/

Old 04-13-2008, 12:29 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Passportfedex is you want to ship fast and on time.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Thanks a lot for your help. http://www.transportreviews.com/ is very usefull.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:07 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
damn it, you should have bought mine, it is already in Quebec and still for sale

Be carefull with the open carrier, they bent one of my tailpipe, luckily that was it.

the best and most reliable is this guy but he is expensive http://www.almondexotictransports.com/

I hope you already have you recall clearance letter because you know Porsche USA won't give you one.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:27 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Here's the # to the guy that shipped my car from pittsburgh to california. Did a great job, enclosed trailer of course.

Mike: 1 213 925 7649

Old 04-13-2008, 04:31 PM
TSP-MIAMI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jpflip
I finally reach an agreement with a seller for a 2002 seal grey 996TT. But it is not in my driveway yet ( Montreal) . Can anyone propose a good and reliable car shipping company to get the car from Melbourne FL 32934 to Champlain NY 12919. I got quotes from

All American transport, Worlwide auto transport, Able auto transport, Flee transportation, Jayhawk auto transport, Tri star carrier, Total car shipping, Allen auto transport, AA automovers, Cosmos auto transport, Express auto transport, Momentum auto transport, Country wide auto transport,

from $650.00 to $1300.00...

If you see any I should reject don't hesitate.

Should I used enclosed or open carrier...I am on a limited budget but the difference is only about $300.00...

Thanks for your help gentlemen, J.P.

Call David Lempert at Transport Masters in Boca Raton. He handled shipping 2 Cup cars and a street car for me that went through Quebec. AWESOME service. 561-482-7789.

Theo

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
I would look into Intercity Lines (Intercitylines.com). The person who bought my Carrera 4S used them to ship the car from Toledo Ohio to San Francisco ($1350). I was very very impressed with both the driver and the equipment they used. Needless to say, the car arrived perfectly. Obviously, cheaper is not always the better way to go. Good luck.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:39 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I do enclosed auto transport for a living with the largest carrier in North America. Stay away from brokers...period. There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. You are crazy to consider an open carrier. If that transport goes into a neighboorhood to make pickups and there are any trees...well, guess what is rubbing against those branches? You live in Canada and your average hauler will not understand border procedure and paperwork. You are not even allowed to approach customs here in Detroit unless you are prescreened and precleared. The fines are draconian. TFX is a Canadian based company and they would be the first place I would look in your position. Good luck....

Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
wow, you can find some for 600s? cheap!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jpflip
Thanks a lot for your help. http://www.transportreviews.com/ is very usefull.
Use this site and view the ones with the highest ratings only!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:03 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Demoise Trucking. I've never heard of a bad review. Bill Demoise will probably be on the phone with you- they own all their own trucks, drivers all work for the company. They are fastidious, helpful, accommodating and great communications.

Enclosed is the ONLY way to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car shipping....