996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996TT warranty - denied claims if modified?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 07:41 AM
ringmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
996TT warranty - denied claims if modified?

Hello TT guys,

I am looking at a 996TT with lots of factory warranty remaining but I have heard that Porsche can be a nightmare to deal with if the car is modified. I understand the legal position is that Porsche must prove that the modification/change/upgrade you did to the car caused the problem/failure, etc, but that some dealers will try to deny any claims made on a "modified" car.
I intend to do the standard computer upgrade, muffler, filter combo but I don't want to get screwed on warranty. Obviously I will cover the repair costs if my new software runs the motor lean and I blow a hole in a piston, but if my tranny starts leaking I don't want them (unreasonably) trying to blame it on my upgrades!

Anyone have experience with this type of situation?

Thanks

Old 07-11-2004, 08:34 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
it's all up to the dealer, most here have never ran into problems

Old 07-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Dealer it is. Make friends with them and don't talk about any modifications, even if they ask. Most dealers will not screw you over the little things but they can certainly make life difficult for the bigger things. It is a risk we all take.