996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Honesty and Integrety at Perfect Power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 09:38 PM
JimC is infamous around these parts
Honesty and Integrety at Perfect Power

Wanted every one to know my porsche experience at Perfect Power. Almost a year ago Sol installed aPSS9 in my TT and did a alignment twice for me because he is a perfectionist ( and because I am **** ) over the course of the next year we did a chip B+m short shift DV valves Exhaust V1 install ,SOL was even able to get me the really cool Sportec front lip when no one else could,I even put GT-2 wheels and tires on and had them painted black even though Sol didnt like the look(I said hes a great mechanic I dint say he had great taste) Any way after over a year he called me after revueing his books and receipts and realized somewhere he over charged me.I was shocked !! not that he overcharged me ,but that he called me and told me.We worked out the credit and I feel so confident in there abilitys that unless there is a major catastrophic failure requiring dealer warranty assistance that Sol and crew will always do my work. Hell he even fixed my 7 series BMW after 2 tries at the dealer. Any way Just one mans experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 10:26 PM
bucking is infamous around these parts
I echo JimC's experience. I've known Sol and Beth for over 10 years. I first met Sol when he was a Ruf dealer. He did a Ruf conversion and general upgrade to my 91 turbo. He did such a good job on that car that I've come to the conslusion that I don't ever want to sell that car. The conversiion was done in 92/93 and I love the car as much today as I did then. In fact, my youngest son (19) loves the car so much that he'll probably get it when I'm just too damn old to drive it (some would say that's last week). Sol has become a good friend and trusted advisor to me on all things automotive: He knows what he is talking about and, as JimC said, he is one of the most trustworthy guys you'll ever meet.
When I made the decision to mod my 2002X50, I spent over a year researching virtually every product available for these cars. I hate to think how much time and money I spent on the phone, traveling to Germany and the like in order to figure out what I wanted to do to my car. As a securities lawyer, detail is my deal. I built a file about 10 inches thick with data on ECUs, exhaust systems, suspensions and all the other stuff before I decided what I wanted to do. Sol was super patient in working with me in devising my final plan. Bottom line, I am really happy with the final product. Could I have come to the same conclusion without Sol? Maybe. But, this I know, the skill required to both make it all work is all Sol. He takes the time to get it right and, if it isn't, he doesn't blow smoke up your a** trying to convince you that the car's great, get used to it like so many of the hacks screwing with these cars so frequently suggest. This guy is the real deal. Yeah, I'm biased; he's my friend. But he became my friend AFTER he did all that I've described.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
Sol and company have done work on my car as well with great results. Definitely a meticulous bunch. Very professional and clean shop.

Old 07-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Re: Honesty and Integrety at Perfect Power

Originally posted by JimC
.....( and because I am **** ) ....

waaay too much info

like everyone, always glad to hear about good experience

Old 07-15-2004, 11:28 PM
dlm477 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info. I needed it and I think I will use Sol for the rest of my mods. I am very picky when it comes to car shops and I am looking for a detailed and profesional service. It seems like Sol is the person to use in IL.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:26 AM
bucking is infamous around these parts
More than Illinois, I use him and I live in Kansas.