996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone here own a Prius?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:17 PM
techlogik is infamous around these parts
Nah...get a euro car..you love Germany..you know you do.

Get a VW TDI...45mpg...sweet Jetta TDI can be had for $20k used...

I drive a 2003 Hyundai Elantra.. daily beater...

Old 05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
What is price of Prius vs Camry?

Undoubtebly the Camry is a much better car but does it cost 10-15k more?

Good luck Scott, The new Highlander (my neighbor just got one) is really great looking
SUV with 28 mpg right off the showroom floor.

MK

Old 05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
why not just wait for that hybrid cayenne that was supposed to come out soon? save gas and look good doing it

Old 05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Ryboy996GT700 is infamous around these partsRyboy996GT700 is infamous around these parts
I'd go with a Honda Civic hybrid...I have cousins that have them, one with a prius and one with the civic H and the civic is nicer, mileage is about the same as they would report to me, but IMO the civic looks much nicer. I am contemplating a gas saver but I have a 96' V6 Accord that is going on 170k miles and still gets 26/21mpg just needs oil changes and keeps running. Keeping it for my son who gets a license in 3 years (YIKKES).

I used to have a 1995 civic LX coupe when I was in college got 38-40mpg hwy back then, I gave it to my nephew and he still has it looking and running like new. I've actually considered buying one of those mid 90's civics since you can get them for dirt compared to a new car/hybrid and get almost the same amount of mpg out of them. It would take many years of driving to make up the difference in fuel that you pay for each of those cars. And again IMO even the mid 90's civics look better than the prius and of course they'll run forever if you maintain them properly.

It's funny though even with all this thinking going on with MPG and stuff I still bought a 996TT. LOL But then again my daily is an F250 CrewCab 4x4 Diesel on 35"s LOL! Rolling about 16/13mpg.

just this users opinion

Ry

Old 05-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I used to have one but got rid of it...9 out of 10 women kept trying to talk to me

Old 05-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dublinoh
Prius is the high mpg car for the person who wants to be seen in a high mpg car. Camry hybrid is better, my 2 cents.
Drove both today. Like the Camry better, but its MPG doesn't come near the same Prius' (35 vs 48). Plus, its more expensive.

Also drove the Civic Hybrid. MPG is right in between the Prius and the Camry (42), and I liked it better than the Prius, and it costs less than the other two. Leaning towards the Civic at this point....

Old 05-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Scott, I got a highlander Hybrid...getting about 28mpg in city, 34 in mountains. For me I occasionally have to haul stuff, so prius was no option.
I really like the Highlander, Wross...but its only 10 mpg more efficient than my Tacoma. Plus, we'll be keeping our V-8 4-Runner if I need to haul stuff.

I just want the best MPG I can get in a liveable car for back and forth to work driving.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-24-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:09 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Try a Lexus rx400h

a little expensive, pretty good on gas round town and on the freeway, space for moving stuff, very smooth and refined but finally it's pretty darn fast off the mark - ours is the AWD version with two traction motors.

Does have a little torque steer when punching it.

We test drove a bunch of hybrids / suv's etc before settling on the Lexus to replace our gas guzzling and terribly unreliable MB ML430 we had from new.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Topless TTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iJeremy
You really can't use the Navigation while the car is in motion?...wtf?
There is an aftermarket fix for this that works very well (have in the lexus)...
http://www.coastaletech.com/

Old 05-24-2008, 06:56 PM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about one also. I just can't get over the Prius' looks. Having said that, I rented one for a week when on a business trip and I found it to be a surprisingly user friendly car. Interestingly enough, for many people it also has a certain "coolness" factor.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm seriously thinking about getting one to use as a daily. So, I'd really like to hear what owners of the cars think of them as daily-drivers.

I know, I know...the words "ugly", "chick car", and many other endearing terms all come to mind when talking about the Prius...but I really love the idea of getting 45-50 mpg in the city and being able to use the carpool lane whenever I want.

Plus, whenever I feel the need to compare d*ck size via using automobiles, I'll still have my P-car and Z06 that I can pull out and wave around.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:27 PM
basupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nicebasupra is just really nice
Scott, get a hold of me before you purchase, as I will save you some $$$. I can pick up used '08 Prius' for a pretty good price right now (although they HAVE gone up in the last few weeks).

Tim

Old 05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
r1rb is infamous around these parts
I've had a Prius for two years and like it. It has adequate power and plenty of room (I'm 6'3). The nav does work while moving, you just can't program it when the car is moving. You can't beat the mileage and I would highly recommend it.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:13 PM
DaveMo is infamous around these partsDaveMo is infamous around these parts
If you can wait a few months, the rumor is that the newly designed Prius will be out at the end of the year. Rumors are flying and who knows what's true, but some of the articles have stated that it will be a plug-in hybrid with a 60mpg figure. The electric motor will be able to take it up to 50mph before the gasoline engine kicks in. The current one kicks in at about 25mph, or so the articles have stated. If you do some Google searches, you can probably find some of the articles.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
i have 06 Prius for about 2 years now.
I love it . honest 40-50mpg depending temp outside. very comfortable , trouble free, lots of room in the back and and small out side. The Camry and Highlander are nice but don't get anyway near the MPG.

Some cool features are the regeneration of electric from the braking system. the back up camera. and 295 ft lbs of torque @ 0 RPM.

Resale value is very high and it looks like it will be that way for a long while.

This way I get to offset my carbon footprint from my 2 Turbos LOL . Get one is a smart move...... my 02.
Elliot

Old 05-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Drove both today. Like the Camry better, but its MPG doesn't come near the same Prius' (35 vs 48). Plus, its more expensive.

Also drove the Civic Hybrid. MPG is right in between the Prius and the Camry (42), and I liked it better than the Prius, and it costs less than the other two. Leaning towards the Civic at this point....
Did you get 42 in city?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone here own a Prius?