996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Xtreme street driving (is this really public roads?!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:46 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jt2
I have no problem with going fast on an empty road, but the passing going on was downright stupid, rude and unsafe.

Pass me like that, and you're going into the center divider, pal.
Here in OC, it happens all of the time. Just let them pass buy and hope for the best!

Old 06-09-2008, 06:23 PM
keevo54 is infamous around these parts
Pretty legit video. At times the passing was a lil questionable, but as long as everyone was safe let the good times roll.

btw I liked this video of urs a lil better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEmVd...p;feature=user

Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM
pilot996tt is infamous around these parts
Uh! That many guys going fast together, close together, seems like a recipe for disaster. With all those big dollar cars, why not rent a track together. Think of the soccer mom with three kids in the back, pulling out on the highway not thinking somebody will pass her doing 165-nightmare!

Check this poor bastard out racing on a public road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAcEk...eature=related

Sorry for the buzz kill..you need it.

165mph is 242 feet/sec. Too fast for me with other people around.
-you guys need a wake up call....before somebodies wake.......

Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I am not going to come down on you, but I do think there is a time and place for everything, I am not a boy scout and like you I do high speed runs, buts its always at 3 or 4 in the morning and always on highways stretches where there is NO on/off ramps. Its one thing if I kill myself, but if I were to hurt an innocent by stander I wouldn't be able to live with myself.We are lucky when something doesn't happen.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pilot996tt
Uh! That many guys going fast together, close together, seems like a recipe for disaster. With all those big dollar cars, why not rent a track together. Think of the soccer mom with three kids in the back, pulling out on the highway not thinking somebody will pass her doing 165-nightmare!

Check this poor bastard out racing on a public road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAcEk...eature=related

Sorry for the buzz kill..you need it.

165mph is 242 feet/sec. Too fast for me with other people around.
-you guys need a wake up call....before somebodies wake.......
Yes that's why this sort of driving is so dangerous on public roads. But I do have to add, the Porsche driver killed him. What a dick cutting him off like that, once the guy was on gravel, it was game over. Could be saved, simply backing off, but I guess it’s easy to be clever with the benefit of hindsight… this sort of things happen in a nanosecond at those speeds… and then darkness ensues.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 AM
tractorcrusher is infamous around these partstractorcrusher is infamous around these parts
What has needed to be said about the driving has already been said.

That M Coupe looked badass though, any more pictures of it??

Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
WOW

sorry for bringing up this old thread,..probably the wrong time,thinking of the incident last week
but that must have been a LOT of fun!!!

quite dangerous though...and irresponsible behaviour if considered rationally

anyway,that must have been a blast!
So many cars,so many sick drivers and all the adrenaline!

but it was a bit too much...too long..one or two minutes racing might be ok,but that long..wow,you guys are crazy
good to see that no accident occured

Last edited by youngbimmer; 02-21-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:45 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
People's egos never cease to amaze me.

It is one thing when a bunch of immature kids race their hondas because they don't know better, but a whole another when grown men put other people's lives in danger because they feel like it.

If you have 100k+ to spend on a weekend car, have some courtesy and get that thing to the track instead of endangering innocent bystanders.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:37 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Moronic

Old 02-21-2009, 04:58 PM
mxk116 has a spectacular aura aboutmxk116 has a spectacular aura about
Seen one seen'em all; boring.....