996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Well?
She never gets queesy.
36.84%
She sometimes gets queesy.
33.68%
She always gets queesy.
29.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Wife/girlfriend get queesy/sick during aggressive driving?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Removing the cupholder is NOT an option.

The car must remain streetable!

Originally Posted by brain police
I always considered removing one's wife from the car as the first mod to make for the Official Turbo Weight Loss thread. It removes weight and the annoying noise coming from the right side of the vehicle when at WOT.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:39 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
My girl doesnt, but my 75 LBS Boxer does, he wont get in the TT anymore, funny he knows the difference between the C2 and the Twin,(both Artic Silver) he likes getting in the C2, but if I open the door to the TT he flat out refuses to get in.I know I know off topic but hey he is apart of the family.here is a pick of the dog in the car @ 130......he is nuts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	n515743323_116284_4782.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	72486  
Old 06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Mine always gets queazy....anything over 55 mph or any feeling of the turbos kicking in and she immediately goes to a white knukle mode....of course I'm dealing with the aftermath of the fact her ex rolled their camaro and put her head thru the windshield....so she won't ride with me if I do anything even close to spirited driving.....too damn bad too kuz I have a beautiful slant cabriolet that's perfect for driving the hills on a balmy summer day...but it's so damn boring driving at 45 mph.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Anthony 98 GTS is on a distinguished road
....get your girlfriend to bob her head up and down on the drivers side while in the daily driver.......this is good training for motion while in the P-car......

......if you are married.........it's too late.........

Old 06-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Silver_911 is on a distinguished road
My girlfriend gets sick every time. She's not scared, just motion sickness .... sometimes dramamine works, but mostly is doesn't.

On the other hand, my 13yr daughter is just like Dad, "is this as fast as it goes ??", "come on Dad, go faster ...". She is headed to the track to learn to drive long before she gets a license.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Anthony 98 GTS
....get your girlfriend to bob her head up and down on the drivers side while in the daily driver.......this is good training for motion while in the P-car......

......if you are married.........it's too late.........

Says who............?

Old 06-18-2008, 03:04 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kilrgt
My girl doesnt, but my 75 LBS Boxer does, he wont get in the TT anymore, funny he knows the difference between the C2 and the Twin,(both Artic Silver) he likes getting in the C2, but if I open the door to the TT he flat out refuses to get in.I know I know off topic but hey he is apart of the family.here is a pick of the dog in the car @ 130......he is nuts

HAHAHAHA, that's awesome that he knows one car from the other, not that the color matters much since dogs are CB.

Maybe it's the exhaust note, turbo ducts, or a special smell of "ugofastudie" that lets him know which one is safe to get in.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
My wife can't take it. Car is too capable. She gets upset when I "cross the line."

Just about everyone else shuts up when I accelerate. It's like their brains can't process talking while pressed against the back of their skull. Works every time!

Except for my 14-year-old next-door-neighbor. She barely notices and just keeps talking like nothing's going on. Amazes me every time.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
mine gets pissed off and goes for the 'oh ****' handle. does that count?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
mine gets pissed off and goes for the 'oh ****' handle. does that count?
That's awesome considering we don't have "oh ****" handles.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ELMEL
That's awesome considering we don't have "oh ****" handles.
hahhaha...you're right. She's actually rarely in the p-car because she can't stand my suspension, but when she is in the p-car, she'll reach for anything within range (including my neck!) LOL

Old 06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
This is a tight race with the hard core females having a slight lead over the girls that can take it some times with the softies coming in a close third.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 AM
ajax1964 is on a distinguished road
If it is "traffic justified" i.e I needed to floor it to get ahead of that car so i could safely make that turn. Sometimes that works, otherwise I just get "the look."

Old 06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Sonic is on a distinguished road
My GF always grabs onto whatever she can and then screams and laughs. And now she wants to drive on the track.....I'm gonna keep her