996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

German Auto Fest....Anyone going???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:54 PM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
I just picked up a pair of those Motorola units, so I guess that means with Roberts, we have at least 4.

I certainly do not want to be in charge!

However It seems as this is how this is shaping up - 101 all the way. SilverCreekers are meeting at 6:00 am and then driving down 101 and pull over at the Beacon station that is right at the side of the road in Aromas (right across from the Red Barn flea market). Robert and I will be there are 6:30 waiting patiently. I assuem the Silvercreekers know (or will know) who is going to make their connection.

Fred you part of the Silvercreekers or will you be in Aromas?

I for one would enjoy a break in SLO or Pismo for coffee / chat / car ooogling, etc., so if everyone is agreeable we can do that. I know of a few possible places (Mt Madonna Inn, or the place I don't know the name of). Any ideas? If we stop for a break, we should still be in Ventura well before noon even without breaking the sound barrier.

I look forward to meeting everyone and great (and safe) little drive

Old 09-11-2003, 09:44 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Doug, I will be part of the silver creekers.

See you in Aromas.

Old 09-11-2003, 10:55 PM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
Fred,

I just got back home... I dont want to call you this late. I'll call you tomrrow for sure...

Old 09-11-2003, 11:01 PM
rspiteri is on a distinguished road
Doug,

What Motorola units did you get? I'll get a pair tomorrow.

Your plan sounds great.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Motorola - 5 mile range, rechargeable. they all seem to be similar and have the same channels / frequencies (although some have more). I paid something like $89 for the pair?

Old 09-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Just got in - those radios sound just like mine Doug. We should be able to communicate without a problem. Since my girl is coming with me, we may need an extra potty break

As of now guys, how many do we have in the pack? This trip will be too cool.....And is anyone else staying the night?

Old 09-12-2003, 02:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
If I do go (will know by tomorrow), is it ok if I bring my pal with a silver 993 TT (about 530rwhp) as well?

Old 09-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
If I do go (will know by tomorrow), is it ok if I bring my pal with a silver 993 TT (about 530rwhp) as well?
I cannot imagine that anyone would object, so I say - Absoluteley - bring him (or at least his car)!

Old 09-12-2003, 10:00 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
this is shaping out to be a nice caravan.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:33 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
I'm tempted to join you guys but have a big family picnic Sunday . Driving to basically SoCal and back with a 2 hour stay for the meet seems like a lot of driving from the Bay Area . Wonder if anyone else here wants to ride with me and share driver's seat time in a Turbo ?
( Warning : if I determine that you are a maniac driver , better have good hitchhiking skills )

Last edited by MKW; 09-12-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by MKW
I'm tempted to join you guys but have a big family picnic Sunday . Driving to basically SoCal and back with a 2 hour stay for the meet seems like a lot of driving from the Bay Area . Wonder if anyone else here wants to ride with me and share driver's seat time in a Turbo ?
( Warning : if I determine that you are a maniac driver , better have good hitchhiking skills )
ahh, but you see... it IS all about the drive. The Ventura meet is just an excuse to go for a Saturday group drive

Old 09-12-2003, 01:11 PM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
I take that drive all the time ( to Santa Ynez Valley and Santa Barbara ). The part to Santa Maria is like driving the Central Valley ( King City and Soledad are not exactly prime Calif real estate ). Maybe it's because I'm usually dealing with two bored kids in the back seat screaming "are we there yet" when we've barely passed Morgan Hill .

Old 09-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Guys... hate to tell you this, but I'm still fallin' behind my schedule for my project. I guess I can't make the drive down with you guys to Ventura .. But the least I can do, is to meet you guys 6am (or whenever) to introduce myself.

well, Im gonna go back and continue to try finish up today,..

Endra

Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
OK guys. All looks good from my end. I'll be there bright and early along with my pal with the 993 Turbo Dammit he just told me I influenced him into putting bypass pipes on his car too. He says it sounds pissed off lol...

PS You guys best be bringing ear plugs. That's two "ghetto" rides now

Last edited by sharkster; 09-12-2003 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2003, 02:30 PM
ok...

I will meet you guys first at 6am in SilverCreek
correct me if I am wrong, the address is
5651 SilverCreek Valley Rd (@Starbucks)
and the city is San Jose?

and then the 2nd meet is in Aromas...

TIA,
Endra

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: German Auto Fest....Anyone going???