996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Garage Ideas???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:25 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Refrigerator, hm = good idea!
That is one I had not thought about, but I should.

Ok, I am leaning towards a TV (or 2).

Cole_21..wow, I appreciate the offer, but I hate to waste your time. If you want to do to educate the rest of the forum...sure, go for it.

This is an old picture. Since I took this picture, I trimmed the garage out in white and I put concrete all the way across the front. I have plenty of room all around the garage to build any direction I want, but I can take down less trees if I go out the back.

My goals are to get as many cars in as possible and still have them easy to get out a door, so I can drive them at a moment's notice. Maybe set it up like some museums I have seen with a center aisle???

I kind of think now I should have put the garage doors on the ends instead of the sides. Of course, I can put new doors whever I need them. I also want to get a wash bay of some sort.

It is currently about 72 wide by about 54 feet deep. I am thinking I need to be about double this size when I am done.

Chuck

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Alright the garage looks great, but I want Carrera GT pics LOL

Old 08-17-2004, 02:16 AM
GT3Scott is infamous around these partsGT3Scott is infamous around these parts
FYI I also have put in 4 in-wall speakers, 3 ceiling speakers and a subwoofer. Should be good for the tunes. And yep putting a subzero refridge/freezer in there too (removed when we renovated our kitchen). PLus putting in a couple of driving arcade games. In case its snowing out and I feel like going for a drive!

Old 08-17-2004, 02:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Autopia has a good garage forum that may help give you some ideas on lighting, flooring, and such. THey can also give you great ideas for a softwater setup. This is something my father and I have looked into in the past but never came around to doing it.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/forumd...?s=&forumid=42

remember, you can never have enough lighting in a garage!

Old 08-17-2004, 02:54 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chuck you win for best car colleciton on 6speed - Well done mate!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Chuck no problem now how much you want to add on? what are the dimensions of your orginal garage?

Old 08-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Banned for Life
Cole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the roughCole_21 is a jewel in the rough
Ok sry I read your orginal post of the dimensions!!! I should have something posted by wed or thur!!!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:21 AM
ammo_collector is infamous around these parts
You want the Ultimate Garage? Here it is: http://www.ultimategarage.com/UltGar2x.htm

Old 08-17-2004, 03:25 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
another thing to think about is I saw a garage recently that had a turn wheel in it. so that he had access to all his cars, it was pretty sweet

Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Chuck you win for best car colleciton on 6speed - Well done mate!

I don't know, I think Chad takes the cake on that one

Old 08-17-2004, 03:36 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
I don't know, I think Chad takes the cake on that one
i agree. i'm not sure all of what he has but i know it includes a GT40 so that's game over for me.

-Steve

Old 08-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by SteveH
i agree. i'm not sure all of what he has but i know it includes a GT40 so that's game over for me.

-Steve

and a original cobra

Old 08-17-2004, 04:05 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
How about doing a garage that has just one double door? Make the building wide (you have it) and deep. Vehicles will park on the sides of a center aisle leading out to the single door centered on the building. That way you can drive anything in the garage in and out without moving anything and only have one way in or out which would make security easier. Add a single bay on the side for washing and you are set.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:38 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Duane
Alright the garage looks great, but I want Carrera GT pics LOL
Ok, I am teasing you with a few C-GT pics in that forum...more to come later.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=14446

Chuck

Old 08-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
Put a small cot in the corner and I'll live in it and take care of the CGT.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Garage Ideas???