996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid Racing 650 kit installed, but dyno results were below expectations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
In general I don't want excuses. I want results...
That's why I go with Todd.
Over time I hope you get what you expected.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Is that the A/F on that lefthand dyno or is that a polygraph

It's just the resolution for the AF plot is too high....

Old 10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by basupra
Just curious, but why would you not want to see what the timing is at?

Tim

I have already set the timing and other attributes of the flash at known settings. These are certain parameters that the DME would have to operate by. I would like to look at these first to check if they line up with the tables that they were set for. This is much the same way TRA's and RKATS are used to look at the AFR's in their trims.

A flash is made up of known data while each car has its unknown variables.

Porsche may make 4 files for a given year car yet the dyno results would be endless on these 4 flashes worldwide.

Best,
Scott

Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
josh4hem is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
you need two things fo us to help you.

1. Graph with A/F ratios
2. Boost numbers (preferably plotted on the dyno)

I'm pretty sure Dan will step in and help you have you contacted him?
I second that dan would help you out

Old 10-03-2008, 06:36 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kcphuah
Well, I finally just got the email from the dyno place. Because I did a dyno from them in june, they were able to put the dyno result side by side on the same graph. The blue line shows my results from june and the pink and red shows result from last friday.

Another question that I was wondering is my AFR reading too high?

p.s. Scott, I will try to log in some more datas for you to review with these couple of days as soon as I am able to do so.
Any updates on your problem?

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
Torresmd, thanks for asking. In fact, I just picked up the car from Weissach, a local porsche dealer and tuner, for a complete compression and leak down test. The good news is the leak down test show the engine is in 100% healthy condiotion, no leaks at all. It is a great reliever for me to get this test done, first it re-assures me that the engine is still in good shape. As some are questioning the condition of the motor, and suggested my engine may already had problems before the kit was installed and hence the under performance.

Anyways, I have also data logged some number for softronic to work on, I have not heard from scott yet, but I am sure he is working on it.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
you sure you dont have a boost leak somewhere... I had a bad clamp on the f hose that drove me nuts for a day..then had the BOV(diverter valve ) spring not set right.... i was leaking there too.... I was told to check for leaks and I did... Engine may be good but are you leaking pressure out somewhere?? Pressurize the system @ 20 psi or so... You can make the pump yourself, but best have a shop do it....

Old 10-04-2008, 01:56 AM
ZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond reputeZIP22 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyways, I have also data logged some number for softronic to work on, I have not heard from scott yet, but I am sure he is working on it.

I datalogged a night run with a AP650kit, AP carbon intake, Fabspeed maxflo exhaust, 1.25 bar peak, ~1.06 bar constant, AC on, ambient air temp 61 deg F and 3rd gear. (Greddy specIIb: 52% set, 23% gain, 0.85 bar set gain)

Are the parameters below correct that Scott needs to analyze the tune?

Old 10-04-2008, 07:15 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Well, I finally just got the email from the dyno place. Because I did a dyno from them in june, they were able to put the dyno result side by side on the same graph. The blue line shows my results from june and the pink and red shows result from last friday.

Another question that I was wondering is my AFR reading too high?

p.s. Scott, I will try to log in some more datas for you to review with these couple of days as soon as I am able to do so.
On a fine tuned 996TT car,the air fuel ratio should stay between 11,4-11,8...your blue line is extremely rich while the others are a little lean...

Old 10-04-2008, 10:35 AM
kcphuah is infamous around these partskcphuah is infamous around these parts
EG, thanks for the data sharing. I will compare it to the one I have, but I am wondering if you know how to read the O2 lambda value?

Originally Posted by ZIP22
I datalogged a night run with a AP650kit, AP carbon intake, Fabspeed maxflo exhaust, 1.25 bar peak, ~1.06 bar constant, AC on, ambient air temp 61 deg F and 3rd gear. (Greddy specIIb: 52% set, 23% gain, 0.85 bar set gain)

Are the parameters below correct that Scott needs to analyze the tune?

Old 10-04-2008, 05:34 PM
EG, thanks for the data sharing. I will compare it to the one I have, but I am wondering if you know how to read the O2 lambda value?
Hi Ken, below is an example of a typical voltage out versus lambda value of a wideband O2 sensor during an open loop operation. The porsche wideband O2 sensor should have similar curve charateristics. For example, using the data obtained from my run, at ~6077rpm, the lamba is 0.83 with a voltage reading of 0.70 volts. Referencing from the graphs below the setup is very rich and has an AF value of around 11.5

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited by ZIP22; 10-04-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I always wondered how that worked. This all good info. Thanks!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Any update regarding with the problem?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:54 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZIP22
Hi Ken, below is an example of a typical voltage out versus lambda value of a wideband O2 sensor during an open loop operation. The porsche wideband O2 sensor should have similar curve charateristics. For example, using the data obtained from my run, at ~6077rpm, the lamba is 0.83 with a voltage reading of 0.70 volts. Referencing from the graphs below the setup is very rich and has an AF value of around 11.5
Those graphs are great. Where did you get them?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 PM
wooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to allwooosh is a name known to all
Lambda of .83 is an A/F ratio of 12.2 not 11.5 assuming you are using Gasoline. You are not way too rich. Either your voltage out reading is wrong or your lambda is not correct. To convert Lambda to Air Fuel ratio you simply multiply the Lambda value by 14.7, it is linear. Lambda of 1 = 14.7 A/F and .83 * 14.7 = 12.2. Using your durametric data log exported to Excel, just add a column and formula multiplying the lambda bank 1 or bank 2 value by 14.7. Can do the same with the set point to see what was requested.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing 650 kit installed, but dyno results were below expectations