996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CD Changer for my new turbo..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:41 AM
ColorChange is on a distinguished road
Angry Situation

OK, I think I have the story now.

The pre-wired harness is NOT included with the '03 with nav. I looked in the car and couldn't find it. You have to purchase the changer and the fiber optic harness and run it to the head unit. Dealers quote 3-5 hours for this and about $880 for the changer, $218 for the harness.

Man does that suck! Porsche has done one hell of a shi**y job here not saying that you can't play the damn CD player if your using nav.

Old 09-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
That does not sound like good news.

We will need a parts source other then the dealer.

Do you have the part numbers?

Old 09-11-2003, 10:29 AM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
The Boxster Tequipment catalog has the CDC-4 changer as 000 044 900 72. Do not know what is the normal part number. When I asked about it a few months ago my local parts department said $879.18. The catalog mentions that a harness is required but does not list a part number.

A 996 guy (speedy g) on Rennlist had PCMII and the CDC-4 installed by the dealer on his 2003. A Cayenne owner on Rennlist also had the dealer install a CDC-4. So it can be done, but you still need the PST2 to add the changer to the MOST "ring" or whatever it is called.

Becker says the only source for the CDC-4 is from Porsche.

This is the Becker board.

http://members4.boardhost.com/beckerboard/

Old 09-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
What is the PST2?

Old 09-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Software

I have heard that there are problems getting everything to work properly form a software standpoint. Any comments?

Old 09-11-2003, 10:51 AM
jmac is on a distinguished road
Whoa - ColorChange - are you saying that if you purchase the PCMII with the CD changer from the factory you can't listen to CDs while you're using navigation? (or am I reading this wrong?)

Thanks

Jmac

Old 09-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
Porsche System Tester 2. You can see that it has a MOST menue.

Old 09-11-2003, 11:14 AM
So I guess this means you can only have this installed by a Porsche Dealer.

Old 09-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Clarify

When stock and installed at the factory, averything works fine with nav and cd changer.

The potential, and I can only say potential problem since I don't have hard data, but I have been told you ahve to program the most bus to recognize the changeer.

Tim

Old 09-12-2003, 08:04 AM
Any new information?

Old 09-15-2003, 06:57 AM
Update

OK:

Here is the situation. You have to get the changer CDC-4, and the fiber optic cable. You then have to connect to the bck of the head unit and the changer. You then (normally) have to use the programmer to change the spftware to recognize the unit.

I intend to purchase the changer and cable and install it myself. I will then have the dealer program as necesary.

Tim

Old 09-15-2003, 07:45 AM
ColorChange,

Where will you be purchasing your CD changer and cable.

Also, are any special tools required (for example, to remove the PCM II)?

Any idea what the dealer will charge to update the software?

Old 09-15-2003, 07:53 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
On another note, does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the standard in dash cd player with the nav system and cd changer?

Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Has anyone had any luck in this department? I still want a CD changer!!

LOL I am gonna get screwed

Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
I'm having the CD changer installed in my '04 Carrera (doesn't have PCM) tomorrow. I bought the CD changer kit (part number 000 044 900 72) and fibre optic harness (part number 996 622 705 00 for a C2 coupe with Bose), and am having it installed at a Porsche dealer. The prices on the parts varies wildly. I'll report on how it goes.

Last edited by Poursha; 10-06-2003 at 09:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD Changer for my new turbo..