996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I'm finally getting my F430 !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:32 PM
PorscheAddict is infamous around these parts
I'm finally getting my F430 !!!

I just got a call from my dealership yesterday, and wants to know if I'd prefer a stick shift or F1 tranny. I said "stick shift" because I've always had a stick shift and love it. Although, I've never driven an F1, should I consider an F1? Please help. by the way, I've now been told that I am 2nd of 3rd on the list, it's only been 2 long years!!!! Thanks in advance.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Stick shift all the way!!

Old 08-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
The paddle shifter has really been perfected here. It is Formula 1 all the way and will add to resale. I'm a stick guy but in this car I would recommend F1 tranny. Good luck and send us pictures.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I dunno... I've never driven an F1 shift but I hear it is pretty amazing. I still love the old school driving of a six speed... especially torque steering, which you can't do with F1.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Driven both, Went with a stick. Nothing beats the clicking of a gated shifter. Adds to the experience.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the confirmation of my choice. You guys have been helpful. Please keep the suggestions coming.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:48 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Go with the stick. I had an F1 360 for about a year, and although the f1 was cool, it got boring after a little while. You can't beat that huge silver ball of a shifter.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:46 PM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Congrats! I'd opt for the paddles. You have more than one car right? If you itching to drive a stick, get back into your other car.

Old 08-27-2004, 10:56 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
Definately go with the stick shift. I find the F1 to be bulky and a PITA when manuevering in tight areas. Not too mention the wonderful look of the gated shifter in the center console.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:00 AM
Turbo Racer is infamous around these parts
congratulations on your allocation. this looks to be mostly a personal preferance with regards to shifters. For the current 360, I understand that the f1 vs 6spd is 80% f1 with approx 1000 US 360s sold a year. Some say that a 6spd will eventually be more valuable due to "rarity" but I doubt that will happen for some time. I also understand that many f1 owners have clutch issues (read: had to replace the clutch) between 5k and 15k miles, many have not. Also, the shifting and day to day usage of the f1 must be learned to avoid burning the clutch out. that being said, who knows what changes have been made to the 430 and therefore much of the wear aspect may be moot. You're probably aware of ferrarichat.com, but I'll recommend that anyway as it has been an invaluable source for me and my research into these cars.

good luck and enjoy the new car. BTW, have you been given a production date yet? about as early as I have heard so far is fall 05 for delivery.

regards

Last edited by Turbo Racer; 08-28-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:57 AM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
I am getting F1 for my Spider.... its gonna be awesome! Cant wait untill I get it

Old 08-28-2004, 02:13 AM
1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light1317wholesale is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy

I need help from who have owned Ferrari.

I called one of local Ferrari dealer to put my name on waiting list of F430. But they are not even taking my name on their list. They asked me about previous owership of Ferrari. They told me that If I never owned Ferrari I have to buy at market price not MSRP.

Is there anyway to put my name on new ferrari waiting list?

Please help .......

Old 08-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
This is the W R O N G forum to ask this question in.

In the Porsche world you'll get over 80% for the six speed.

If you want to make $$$ on the 430 get the F1. If you want to drive it and put real miles on it get the six speed. The F1 has high maintenance costs.

Old 08-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
The F1 works really well, and the new version thats in the 360CS is the same as the one used in the 430, its great, but nothing beats a 6 speed, its what I have in my 360.

Old 08-28-2004, 03:40 AM
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my question. It seems like 99 percent would prefer a stick shift over the F1, which was my choice as well.

gabf1 - My dealership has not given me a production yet, they said that nothing has been confirmed by Ferrari. He only asked me if I'd prefer a stick shift or F1. I am assuming that he just wants to get a feel of how many is interested for allocation purposes. Although, I feel that he knows more than what he is saying because he said that " I am on the 2nd or 3rd on the list", and I should expect to see it around next summer! As far as FerrariChat, I did try to get some feedback from the members, but unfortunately they were suspicious that I was getting the F430. And, I didn't feel that I had to justify it. Thanks again.

1317wholesale - I got on the list 2 years ago because back in 2002, I felt that they will be replacing the 360 the following year, which would be the 4th year production. Therefore, I put a deposit down of $10,000 to get on the list for the replacement of the 360. I really preferred to have waited for the replacement than the 360, besides I am still driving my 996. Anyway, Ferrari dealerships are not all the same as far as deposits to get on the list. And, I wish you luck on getting on the list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm finally getting my F430 !!!