996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Would anyone here trade in there turbo for a Ford GT?>

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-10-2004, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
The FORD GT was designed by one of the very best enginnering firms on the planet. Parts sourced from a virtual whos who of Motorsport. The very best of the best.

Its a drivers car versus a 4 wheel drive 996TT. It will smoke virtually anything and if you MODIFY the Ford GT it will smoke the Enzo and Carrear GT ...........as you can get any more power out of those cars.

Lets give credit where credit is due. Ford made a supercar. Porsche and Ferrari sales & service departments and warranty issues are NOT WONDERFULL by any stretch of the imagination.
Look at all the replacement 996 & Boxster engines and etc. GT2 PCCB brakes are junk........wait until the PCCB brakes & clutch are SMOKED in the $500,000 Carrera GT.............ouchhhh......!!!

I was 1st on the list 3 years ago at the FORD dealer............... my dealer wont be getting a GT as they didnt do enough volume. The car was supposed to be $100K. I was a buyer at $110K as I was paying over invoice.
Calling around..............all dealsr want $100,000 over MSRP. Way too much cake. The car will crater to reality @ $100K.

At over $150,000 I want a Ferrari 360 Spider 6 speed.................its never going to the racetrack and just for cruising!

Old 09-10-2004, 11:29 PM
alamein is on a distinguished road
"Ford GT "40" Alleged To Have Defective Cylinder Heads"

Ford GT seems to me like a kick-*** mansion in the Alberquerque desert. In the end it is still a Ford. IMHO

Old 09-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Headdoc is on a distinguished road
TT without a doubt. I had a 99 cobra and was very disappointed with the performance even after ford attempted to add more power. I opted for a Vortech blower and aftercooler, smaller pully, custom chip, countless other suspension mods. In the end, it was still a POS and the car was making 470hp at the wheels.

I have never experienced the true thrill that I feel behind my
stock TT.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:45 AM
Static911 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by dgussin1
nope, the GT is designed and built in the Motor City. Saleen is a California based company.
I just spoke to ex-VP of Operations of Saleen. 75% of it is built by Saleen and final 25% (trim, headlights and small stuff) is finished by Ford. You are right; it will be built all in Detroit. I forgot all the small details, but something about Ford provided space for Saleen to do the production in a quasi-relationship. Anyhow, I thought was interesting to share.