996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Pics: Seal Gray, JIC, 15mm rw spacers, TA CF style wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Those are no good due to built in second set of lugs and bolts. Get H&R 15mm spacers and 60MM bolts. The factory bolts are 45 MM so 15 + 45 = 60 mm.

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...cid=22&sid=321

Roll the rears and go 18 (get 63 mm bolts) or 21 MM (not sure how these work).

This is a minor but noticeable look and handling upgrade. Good luck!

Of course, there are many board sponsors that you should look into supporting. Same products.

Originally Posted by adam699
Where's the best place to obtain such 15mm spacers for the best price? Looking to do all 4 wheels...

Does it affect handling?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380089073192&fromMakeT rack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Anyone used these?

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 12-26-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:16 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlimJim
Love the way your car looks...very simple and clean. I want to get the same lip but don't want to worry about it...probably getting the poly lip instead
You should get the same lip, I thought I would have problems too but it really doesnt touch anything, if you drive carefully I would definately recommend giving it a try.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:18 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gwapo996tt
Nice! What kind of tips are those?
It is a Remus exhaust..

Ray-- That looks real good! thanks man

Old 12-13-2008, 09:00 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Looks great! makes me want to go out get a CF spolier and spacers for my SG car.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:45 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
hey Ari,

i was always under the impression that adapters (with the 2nd set of lugs and bolts) were always more solid and less like to fail than spacers (longer bolts.. etc)

am i wrong?

Jason

Originally Posted by ari
Those are no good due to built in second set of lugs and bolts. Get H&R 10mm spacers and 10MM bolts. The factory bolts are 45 MM so 15 + 45 = 60 mm.

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...cid=22&sid=321

Roll the rears and go 18 (get 63 mm bolts) or 21 MM (not sure how these work).

This is a Minor bu noticeable look and handling upgrade. Good luck!

Of course, there are many board sponsors that you should look into supporting. Same products.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
thanks for posting your pics. I love the wing and lip. Good job.

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 12-15-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 PM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Purty nice brutha

Old 12-15-2008, 05:24 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
looks fantastic! 15mm spacers all around, or just in the rear?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LiNks
I don't know, maybe its the difference in places we go, or im just used to having low cars.... I have not even touched the bottom of the lip on anything yet. I left the car a little higher then I would like it for winter, come summer time, im going to drop it a little more i think.

Seal- Thanks for the compliments.... helps out the stance so much. I have a set of spacers for the front too, I just havent got around to putting them on yet.

Steve - Its getting there, hopefully I throw some wheels on by summer time!
Links,
Can you post the picture of your car from from rear? I am thinking of buying a CF GT2 add on wing ...just wondering how it looks from the back end. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the compliments.....ExclusiveTT i have 15mm for the front too, I have just been lazy and have'nt put them on yet, but the car definately needs it.vbmw-- I will try and take some photos tomorrow for you

Old 12-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
Car looks great! Sorry if I missed the info, but where did you pick up the rear wing? Any photos with it in the down position?

thx!

Old 12-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
Very sexy looking car. I love the stance of it w/ the JIC's. How do you like them so far? How is the ride? I'm debating on either those or the PSS10's.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 PM
mtesh73 is infamous around these parts
dean, the car looks mint. very nice.

mike

Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 AM
Frier - I got the wing from Speed Tech then had it painted. I havent gotten the car out to take more pics yet, the weathers been a little rough here in NY

Cossey - I had the same debate between the JICs and the PSS10's..... The JIC's are awesome, I am so happy I made the choice of them over the PSS10's

mtesh - thank you, your tires are still holding up

Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
no problem with lowering and 15mm spacers?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Pics: Seal Gray, JIC, 15mm rw spacers, TA CF style wing