996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Pics: Seal Gray, JIC, 15mm rw spacers, TA CF style wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Not at all... My car isnt to low, its about GT2 spec, after the winter I am going to try and drop it a little more

Old 12-22-2008, 05:22 PM
chucky0431 is infamous around these parts
Love the combo man. If possible do you have close-ups of the lip and perhaps where to get it from. I know you mentioned Ray, but have no clue who he is.
Thx.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:32 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the compliments. Ray is his username on 6speed. He posted on the 1st page of this thread, he has the pastel yellow 996tt as his avatar. Shoot him a PM, he will have plenty of pics of the lip. My car is bundled away right now until we loose all this snow in NY.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
What springs do you have? 7/10? How do you like them thus far?
Robert

Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Just noticed this thread. I really like what you've done with the car, Links. I'm a big fan of the OEM+ look...it's just very clean. Nice job!!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM
robmd - I love the JIC setup, the car feels so much better and is not at all to harsh. I believe its 8/10 and set on the softest setting.

Adam - thanks, I can tell by looking at your car we have similar taste... next up for me are some wheels, hopefully by summer

Old 12-25-2008, 04:40 PM
foxworth is infamous around these parts
Looks great, I've thought of getting GT2 wheels onto the TT to give it that full look. Do you pls have a pic looking from the front of the car down the side? Would like to see how 'filled' the arches are, as on the standard TT the wheels look too inset.

thanks a lot, merry xmas

Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by foxworth
Looks great, I've thought of getting GT2 wheels onto the TT to give it that full look. Do you pls have a pic looking from the front of the car down the side? Would like to see how 'filled' the arches are, as on the standard TT the wheels look too inset.

thanks a lot, merry xmas
OEM 996TT 8"/11" wheels with 15mm spacer all around will get very close to GT2 8.5"/12" offset. With GT2 wheels, it will look very similar to Dean's TT.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:52 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
OEM 996TT 8"/11" wheels with 15mm spacer all around will get very close to GT2 8.5"/12" offset. With GT2 wheels, it will look very similar to Dean's TT.
IIRC, the stock 996tt wheels are 18x8.5 front and 18x11.5 rear. the Gt2 wheels are the same 8.5" in front but 12" in the rear.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
IIRC, the stock 996tt wheels are 18x8.5 front and 18x11.5 rear. the Gt2 wheels are the same 8.5" in front but 12" in the rear.
Not true. Ray was correct, the wheels are 18x8 and 18x11. The GT2 wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x12.

Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
looks great

Old 12-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
This is correct.

Originally Posted by Adam Bowles
Not true. Ray was correct, the wheels are 18x8 and 18x11. The GT2 wheels are 18x8.5 and 18x12.