996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

coast 2 coast car carrier?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Question coast 2 coast car carrier?

Can anyone recommend a reliable enclosed car carrier who services FL to CA?

TIA

Old 09-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
i am also looking for a transporter from Ohio to CA, if anyone knows.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
I've used Horseless Carriage several time with excellent results.

InterCity also has a great reputation, is the exclusive transporter for the Carrera GT in the US, and also transports many of the new Porsches in the US to the dealers.

My advice is to not skimp on transporters (you get what you pay for), only use a top tier carrier, and ask for a top load (so you don't risk anything falling/dripping on your car).

Old 09-10-2004, 07:40 AM
craiglieberman is on a distinguished road
I like...

I've used Passport International about 6-8 times...no issues. Also have used Horseless Carriage and Exotic Car. Still like Passport the best. Just shipped my 03 996TT one year, $1500 one way, got it in 6 days.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:48 AM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Do these transporters use boxed trailers or open double deckers?

I got mine delivered in a box trailer, which is nice.

Old 09-10-2004, 07:57 AM
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
There are both types out there...however they will almost always make you put a high value car in an enclosed trailer. It costs extra, but I wouldn't feel comfortable any other way.

So far I have a price from DAS for $1500 Door to Door & a price from Passport for $1800 door to door.

Old 09-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Poursha is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by trojanman
There are both types out there...however they will almost always make you put a high value car in an enclosed trailer. It costs extra, but I wouldn't feel comfortable any other way.

So far I have a price from DAS for $1500 Door to Door & a price from Passport for $1800 door to door.
The top end transporters only use enclosed carriers.

DAS is horrible--they damaged my last Carrera. Their "enclosed" carriers aren't true enclosed--they're open at the bottom so all the road junk gets on your car. They use subcontractors to pick up and/or deliver your car, and usually move it from one truck to another, inviting damage. Run--do not walk--away from these guys.

Old 09-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Kneedrager is on a distinguished road
Car Carrier

I'm in the midst of having an 02 TT ship from Malibu Ca. to NJ.
I'm using Goldrush Motorsports. So far so good but I'll let you know when I get the car. They're charging $1,400.00

Old 09-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Poursha - thanks for the warning!

Kneedrager - keep us posted.

cheers

Old 09-11-2004, 04:46 AM
madmac will become famous soon enoughmadmac will become famous soon enough
I've used Passport Transport a couple of times from DC to the Bay Area. $1500 each way. Fully covered, double decker trailers. I thought the service was great... door to door service, and they update you along the way. Very friendly personnel. Also, I believe they are owned by FedEx.

Old 09-11-2004, 05:56 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
I just used InterCity...New York to Indiana and they were great! Their white suits were , but they were incredibly careful with the car and they focused on their work. They took all the time in the world (let me take pics, etc) to get the car off the truck and never seemed to be in a hurry like most truck drivers. Then they explained every detail of what they delivered and some basics about the car....i.e the luggage, the tools, etc..

I will use them again in a heartbeat without a bit of hesitation.

Chuck

see:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...5&pagenumber=1

Old 09-29-2004, 12:21 AM
OK I called Goldrush and they seem reasonable, but more importantly they have the best schedule!

Anyone ever used them? Kneedragger - any results yet?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:39 AM
john stephanus is on a distinguished road
I have used Intercity many times...excellent service.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah it seems that everyone loves Intercity. Their prices are fine, but they can't even pick up the car for 2 weeks!!

Old 09-29-2004, 12:51 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmmmmmmm....wonder what you are geting from Florida? Could be a red droptop ? Use it well!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: coast 2 coast car carrier?