996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

930 slant nose advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:17 PM
pnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the rough
930 slant nose advice

Hello 6 speeders,
I used to own a sg700 996tt and am about to get my first 930 turbo slant nose! I know the 996tt section gets more views and a lot of ppl here have helped me out in the past so hopefully someone can give me some insight on this car!
I'm just about to pull the trigger on this 87 slant nose and would like to know if anybody personally knows this car or has seen this car in person. Also has anybody ever dealt with a dealer by the name of Grand Sport out in the Michigan area? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated this would be my first "older" Porsche and I would definitely like to get into one without nightmares Thanks
link to car:
http://grandsport-michigan.ebizautos...e-3652750.html

Old 12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
I was seriously looking at one last spring. And the best advice (no offense to 6speed) was the Rennlist guys. They are VERY knowledgeable.

So I would personally bounce over there and ask as well.

Love the slant nose look

Old 12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Sharp ride......beautiful.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:00 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Not sure why your 996TT is gone and having owned a built 930 myself, I can appreciate the older cars, especially the slant nose. But for about the same money, another (possibly modded) 996tt could be had. Are you looking for collector status? 996TT much better DD too. Just curious.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I miss my 930. I notice it has a 5 speed. I don't think the 930s went to the 5 speed until 89. Any upgrades to the engine? I'd go over to Rennlist and ask around as was mentioned earlier. It's a good looking car!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
i had a 87turbo (930) and it only had a 4speed. perhaps they changed the tranny??

Old 12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Mr Havic is correct. 89 started the 5 speed. (very long winded 4 speed until then). 6 speed started in 94? when they went twin turbo also...

Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Haha...I knew you would be back to the flat six World! Cool looking 930 for sure. Here's the 411 on the 3.3 turbo (I dumped a couple hun into an 87). I see this one has a larger intercooler, most likely has a turbo upgrade as well? Popular was a K27 with SC cams. Good for about 370 HP at 1.1 bar. Must put a larger spring to run higher than stock (.8) boost. Those motors are all done at 1.2 on pump and that is pushing it. K29 is a big time rush and puts you into the 400 zone, but watch out for kaboom. The heads tend to lift, and detonation will do you in on our ****ty pump gas. The fuel system is no good for big power either. K29 with SC cams, loose the cats, 1.1 spring and you are good to go....but Lionel it will not be in the same universe speed wise as your (our) old 6TT.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I would love to have a 930 slant nose, soon. Very soon...

Old 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !

Electrical problems can be overwhelming....that one looks well cared for!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 PM
TonyTurbo is on a distinguished road
Past owner of a 930 slant

First have you driven it, well if that makes you happy, thats great, for me I would never go back and I could anytime, because I gave the car to my son.
Tony

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Haha...I knew you would be back to the flat six World! Cool looking 930 for sure. Here's the 411 on the 3.3 turbo (I dumped a couple hun into an 87). I see this one has a larger intercooler, most likely has a turbo upgrade as well? Popular was a K27 with SC cams. Good for about 370 HP at 1.1 bar. Must put a larger spring to run higher than stock (.8) boost. Those motors are all done at 1.2 on pump and that is pushing it. K29 is a big time rush and puts you into the 400 zone, but watch out for kaboom. The heads tend to lift, and detonation will do you in on our ****ty pump gas. The fuel system is no good for big power either. K29 with SC cams, loose the cats, 1.1 spring and you are good to go....but Lionel it will not be in the same universe speed wise as your (our) old 6TT.

I tend to agree. I had a K27, SC cams, 1 bar spring, headers, exhaust and a Koklen intercooler. Let me preface this statement by saying I loved my 930 and would love to have another one someday BUT it FELT slow compared to a 996tt with a flash.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx

I tend to agree. I had a K27 turbo, SC cams, 1 bar spring, headers, exhaust and a Koklen intercooler. Let me preface this statement by saying I loved my 930 and would love to have another one someday BUT it FELT slow compared to a 996tt with a flash.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
I am looking for a 930 slantnose as well. I will keep my 996tt. I love the rawness of the 930. That one looks really nice but a bit more than I would want to spend.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
benguss is on a distinguished road
I've owned a 86 turbo, modded. You guys are all spot on with power from engine but nobody mentioned handling. If thats what the car is for ...pulling the trigger, it's big time rush. Mod it with modern fuel injection and you'll get clean running big power. The handling of the car (curvy roads) will leave you sweaty, shaking and thrilled!! It's like driving a 2 stroked engine and you better be good at driving from the back wheels!! Good luck...ahhh I miss my old turbo!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 930 slant nose advice