996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Aquamist water Injection for the turbo "S"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 05:59 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Aquamist water Injection for the turbo "S"

All:

I once fitted An Aquamist water injection setup in my Lotus V8 TT. It was brilliant, kept the engine spotless and cool.

I would like more information on doing the same to my Turbo S.

I know tony at EPL mentioned it. I would like to see some diagrams and testimonials. The Lotus had no room for inter coolers, unlike the Porsche TT, and as a result small increases in boost resulted in high inlet temps.

I have the Lotus setup detailed on my web site, www.impconcepts.com.

I am in the early stages onf this eval.

SWR

Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 AM
audikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to beholdaudikp is a splendid one to behold
I have the Aquamist HFS-1 kit installed in my 996tt. It greatly improved the intake air temps and from what Ive seen the results are better then larger IC options.

Tony @ EPL custom tuned the car for the WI and it made ~20-30whp across most of the power band and even more then 30+ ft/lbs at certain RPMs compared to w/o the WI. These are the results from my car with just K16s. Soon I hope to have something bigger installed and we'll see what the WI can do with in conjunction with larger turbos.

Overall I've been very pleased with the results of the install.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
All:

I once fitted An Aquamist water injection setup in my Lotus V8 TT. It was brilliant, kept the engine spotless and cool.

I would like more information on doing the same to my Turbo S.

I know tony at EPL mentioned it. I would like to see some diagrams and testimonials. The Lotus had no room for inter coolers, unlike the Porsche TT, and as a result small increases in boost resulted in high inlet temps.

I have the Lotus setup detailed on my web site, www.impconcepts.com.

I am in the early stages onf this eval.

SWR
Wow... I didnt know you were impconcepts.

I've installed your s4 boost gauges before .

Check out the link below for an aquamist hsf1 install. The new hsf6 system is shipping this month!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html

Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 AM
ShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to allShokWaveRider is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Wow... I didnt know you were impconcepts.

I've installed your s4 boost gauges before .

Check out the link below for an aquamist hsf1 install. The new hsf6 system is shipping this month!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-complete.html
Yep that is me.

I have a new 5 generation board with Peak hold etc. I was thinking of adapting it for my Turbo but it is a shame to mess with the dash. My NEW Board is VERY trick. Still fits in a small package. Very Acurate and super fast. In PSI or Bar.

I am still looking for installers. Does EPL want to do anything with it as a distributer? Perhaps some deals on Porsche stuff as an exchange? (Optimistic Grin).

What I would like is to review where we can put 20 discrete LEds in the Turbo without making it look like an afterthought.

It will work in the Porsche fine with a few mods, nothing major. Never seen anything like it in a Porsche Turbo before.

SWR

Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
http://forums.evolutionm.net/6721090-post1.html

Check out the new hsf-6 system.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
http://forums.evolutionm.net/6721090-post1.html

Check out the new hsf-6 system.
Tony:

Having designed these systems many times before in both a Lotus and an Audi. I have fitted both the 2d and 3d units. IMHO which is somewhat dated now and certainly not on Porsche (Yet). I think the full 3d is somewhat overkill unless you are a die hard, I have programmed these in many race Lotus' over the years and in the end switched to the 2D system. It is perfectly adequate, again IMHO. I will need to research a little more.

One question, Why did you install a separate reservoir rather than tap the existing WW reservoir as I use the same fluid for cooling.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/806-009/806-009.html

I really like the AM impact pumps too.

After looking about a bit I think the Aquamist HFS-5 would be a good choice also. I personally think the flow rate meter it a bit of gimmick, but hey..... to each his/her own. What is mandatory with this system is a level meter / warning buzzer or something for the reservoir. The Washer Fluid Level light should take care of that. Another reason I like using the stock reservoir.

If you want to take this off line via email I can.

Ian

Last edited by ShokWaveRider; 03-06-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
Tony:

Having designed these systems many times before in both a Lotus and an Audi. I have fitted both the 2d and 3d units. IMHO which is somewhat dated now and certainly not on Porsche (Yet). I think the full 3d is somewhat overkill unless you are a die hard, I have programmed these in many race Lotus' over the years and in the end switched to the 2D system. It is perfectly adequate, again IMHO. I will need to research a little more.

One question, Why did you install a separate reservoir rather than tap the existing WW reservoir as I use the same fluid for cooling.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/806-009/806-009.html

I really like the AM impact pumps too.

After looking about a bit I think the Aquamist HFS-5 would be a good choice also. I personally think the flow rate meter it a bit of gimmick, but hey..... to each his/her own. What is mandatory with this system is a level meter / warning buzzer or something for the reservoir. The Washer Fluid Level light should take care of that. Another reason I like using the stock reservoir.

If you want to take this off line via email I can.

Ian
Hey Ian,

The hsf-5 system has been phased out and all that is left is old stock. I agree that back in the day (2-3 years ago) the 2d and 3d systems where the best that were available.

On high hp applications such as the 996tt and S4 2.7t, the old style race pump isnt enough. The new high pressure pump found in the hsf1, 5, 6, and soon to be released 4, is far superior and can deliver constant flow and pressure where the old style race pump failed.

The newer systems take the waring light or buzzer 1 step further. When they are proerply installed, the new system can be wired into the factory boost contorl solinoid to lower boost pressure when they systems flow meter detects low flow or low water levels. A buzzer can eaily be wired in and the gauge it self has a log water indicator.

Aquamist continues to refine their systems so that they are the best in the buisness.