996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Odd power lock problem, lights on problem either

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
alejandrocp78 is on a distinguished road
Odd power lock problem, lights on problem either

Hi everyone! I am new around here, hope someone be able to help. I have a 2004 turbo 996. I am having two issues

1.- When using the remote to lock/unlock the car everything seems to be fine (is the honk when you unlock the car normal? it seems upside down to me, it should honk when locked isn´t it?) But when inside the car i am NOT able to lock the car at all. If I press the lock button on the console or the remote all I can do is unlock the car (it honks again) but when trying to lock it nothing happens and I go all the way around with the locks open. That also seems to be dangerous. Any ideas?

2.- The principal outside lights remain lit ALL the FUż*"@ time, I am not able to turn them off even pushing pulling or burning the light switch the lights remain lit, is it some kind of DRL? or is a failure? is it a configuration problem that could be reset? any clues?

best regards

Old 03-07-2009, 05:50 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Mine does the honk only if the alarm was set off. Be sure all doors are closed completely and the hood/trunk lids are also closed completely.

If they are not closed all the way, you should get a little honk on locking the doors as well, but not unlocking.

Only time I have had a honk on unlock is if I have the doors locked and I forget to unlock them when I close the hood...

Not sure on the lights, never had that happen... Mine is an 2002, so may be something new in the 04s.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Other ideas?

Thank you my friend for your interest on my problem , everything you say sounds logical but surely is not the problem , of course I have checked many times for the hood and trunk to be completely closed but still got the same bug ...any other ideas? I think (I am clueless to be honest ) that the problem could be the power locks brain or the console switch itself (as the remote seems to work just fine)

hope someone who had the same trouble take a look at this ...best regards

Old 03-08-2009, 08:02 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
For the light you seems to have a DRL (daytime running light) installed like in Canadian cars. Look at the fuse box and look at a possibility of a jumper between fuse #A9 and #A6. If it looks like the picture then just removed the jumper assembly... That is a hack, and if it is not there than you have a real Canadian or Norwegian modified car and to revert to normal I guess you need to replace a relay. And for your other problems you seems to have a fault. Car never honk on unclosed or closed only the light flashes. On closed it will honk if one of these are still open: the doors, luggage compartment, engine compartment, center console storage compartment, glove compartment, sun roof also radio and navigating system are monitored.... To be able to trace this problem it is easier to used a PIWIS or PST2 pr Durametric. You will get immediately the code and which switch or sensor is at fault.

Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2009, 03:57 PM
thanks a lot

Thanks a lot my friend, you seem to be a real expert, I will give it a try and let you know bout results...friendly regards