996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Peeling Window Tint Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
Peeling Window Tint Question

I purchased my 2003 TT from a FL owner and it came with a medium gray tint on the side and back windows. I noticed that the tint is starting to peel off on the back window along the top edge. Is there any easy way to get it stick back on? Thanks, appreciate your thoughts.

--BM

Old 04-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Better off taking it to a tint shop to see if they can readhere it. If it has been exposed for an extended period with dust / debris on the adhesive side, it will not be able to adhere.

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 04-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Premier Films
Better off taking it to a tint shop to see if they can readhere it. If it has been exposed for an extended period with dust / debris on the adhesive side, it will not be able to adhere.
Thanks, appreciate the quick response, I'll try to find someone locally

Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
If nothing else...you might just change out all the tint for something you might like better....usually the back and side windows only comes to around $150.. If it's peeling, I would question the quality and competence of the installer because there is an art to it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
If nothing else...you might just change out all the tint for something you might like better....usually the back and side windows only comes to around $150.. If it's peeling, I would question the quality and competence of the installer because there is an art to it.

^^^Exactly...

Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Originally Posted by ttboost
^^^Exactly...
Thanks, yeah I suspected that, but the tint around the side windows looks fine. Probably look to replace the back window tint at some point after DE season.