996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TiAL/EPL GT28RS w/ meth build... Finished!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bone_doc s4
Congrats on the new setup!! Car is making great tq down low but seems to fade after 5500, would the 24/18s have a bit more up top?
My guess is because it's the turbo's can't push that much air through. I was going for a very responsive, torquey setup and I got it. I know a 28RS on a 1.8L Honda even dies down in the higher RPM's, and they can rev to 8-9k stock.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:21 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Tony, can you overlay a 24/18G with meth over this so we can compare the two?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:26 PM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Cossey
My guess is because it's the turbo's can't push that much air through. I was going for a very responsive, torquey setup and I got it. I know a 28RS on a 1.8L Honda even dies down in the higher RPM's, and they can rev to 8-9k stock.
You def got the torquey/responsive setup you wanted, enjoy that beast

Old 05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Congrats and I am subscribed! I love to learn about all of the myriad options out there...it's amazing how dynamic and flexible our cars can be depending on turbo choice, hardware and tune. Basically choose your own curves!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:41 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K24madness
Question for Tony.

Curious why the HP starts to fall off so early. Is this a result of the fuel? What size compressor wheel? IIRC the GT28RS has a 60mm compressor. Tial now offers a 68mm version. The CHRA can also be ordered with the 71mm version.

Looks very promising.
the drop off is not due to the turbos/tune. it's the engine

Old 05-26-2009, 12:44 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cossey
i can promise you it's not the turbos

Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Cossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the roughCossey is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TiALSport
i can promise you it's not the turbos
It was just a wild guess lol.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
the drop off is not due to the turbos/tune. it's the engine
Tial is correct, that is why different cams and ported heads REALLY increase power in the 996TT. If only I had the money for heads/cam

Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Waitaminute, waitaminute....are you saying that Tony was able to make this car faster than the decades of Germanic genious from RUF?

Old 05-26-2009, 03:02 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Waitaminute, waitaminute....are you saying that Tony was able to make this car faster than the decades of Germanic genious from RUF?
lol. is that even possible at a fraction of Ruf's cost?

Old 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
It's easy with how conservative Ruf tunes the cars. When I brought the car to Tony before w/ just the R550 kit and then added the AWE muffer deletes I was up 47whp and about 50wtq from the baseline tune w/ the AWE's. Tony as a genius at what he does.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
What turbos were these? Alpha series?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Omega series?

Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by ari
What turbos were these? Alpha series?
A28's

Old 05-26-2009, 05:37 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
a28's different then the gt28 how?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TiAL/EPL GT28RS w/ meth build... Finished!