996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit GT900+ Torque Monster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Congrats Kevin..
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Here is a quick video of Kevins car on the dyno. More videos will follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjwkeN-e40

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Wow, it sounds amazing with that high rpm.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I want to hear it without the EP in hi-def

Old 05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Congrats Kevin!!! It's been a long road for you and I'm truly glad to see that you are up and running again ...with some REALLY nice numbers too!

You've also helped me make up my mind for my summer project (after I buy all this stuff for the new house )... These old GT3076/K24's are going to have to be replaced!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Congrats Kevin!!! It's been a long road for you and I'm truly glad to see that you are up and running again ...with some REALLY nice numbers too!

You've also helped me make up my mind for my summer project (after I buy all this stuff for the new house )... These old GT3076/K24's are going to have to be replaced!
Thanks Powell, we arent quite finished with the numbers yet,but we are close. I got EXACTLY what I wanted as far as power delivery is concerned. I did not want a high peak power number at the expense of a broad tq curve. I think Todd knocked it out of the park.... Looks like it only ran up to 7450 in the dyno, I think there is at least a few more hundred RPMs than can safely be used. The turbos want to keep going thats for sure!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Thanks Powell, we arent quite finished with the numbers yet,but we are close. I got EXACTLY what I wanted as far as power delivery is concerned. I did not want a high peak power number at the expense of a broad tq curve. I think Todd knocked it out of the park.... Looks like it only ran up to 7450 in the dyno, I think there is at least a few more hundred RPMs than can safely be used. The turbos want to keep going thats for sure!
Do you think the B6 intercoolers are hindering you at this point? I ask this because if this seems to be a problem I maybe upgrading from them myself, as that is what I am using too at the moment.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:07 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Do you think the B6 intercoolers are hindering you at this point? I ask this because if this seems to be a problem I maybe upgrading from them myself, as that is what I am using too at the moment.
Yes and no... It was over 100 degrees when they were dynoing the car, certainly not optimal conditions and bordering on atrocious Todd said the car would pull a few lbs of boost after a few consecutive runs,exactly as the ECU should perform, so yes they were not fully up to the task. He certainly did not recommend replacing them at the moment , thats for sure.... we will see...

Old 05-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
Yes and no... It was over 100 degrees when they were dynoing the car, certainly not optimal conditions and bordering on atrocious Todd said the car would pull a few lbs of boost after a few consecutive runs,exactly as the ECU should perform, so yes they were not fully up to the task. He certainly did not recommend replacing them at the moment , thats for sure.... we will see...
Yeah I understand the dyno conditions.. I dynoed mine in 85-90* heat with our Houston usual 60-80% humidity... Plus I still don't have a correct fan setup like all the big shops have (This is my buddies LS1 building shop), as I just have a small blower fan on the radiator, and 2x baby blower fans sitting right next to the headers basically blowing air (HOT air for that matter) onto the intercoolers, but I figured it was better than no air. I was not sure if it was the intercoolers hurting performance or just my dyno setup.

I'd love to have a shop like EVOMS / EPL / Autoscope / etc. by that has an AWD dyno and has a proper fan setup.

Let me know what they come up with because some EVOMS intercoolers or a custome belle core setup maybe in my future as well. Damnit this car is a money pit! At the same time I'm thinking I need this and that for my new house that I close on this next month... Then I'm like well **** I'm going to fall behind everyone in the 996TT world... dilemmas!!!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG

based on all the fans they had running, your testing definitely wasn't hindered, but like you said, running on the road might have been. Very cool of Todd not to push the IC's on you. He knows you will eventually do it anyway

After all B6's on a motor like yours is like eating at Ruth Chris Stake house with plastic forks and knives

Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 AM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Dude, your car is finished already?! WOW. That's awesome, congrats man!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:36 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Here is a quick video of Kevins car on the dyno. More videos will follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owjwkeN-e40
Would it be possible to get a video that was a bit more polished? you know, a bit less thrown together? That video was slick, the car wasnt so bad after all either. Looks like a Hollywood production.... As for the guy in the hat, how on Earth did you guys get George Clooney to tune my car?
Looks great!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Prche951
After all B6's on a motor like yours is like eating at Ruth Chris Stake house with plastic forks and knives
Dennis, as usual you eloquently reduced a complex issue involving airflow and thermodynamics into laymans terms we knuckledraggers at 6Speed can understand

Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Would it be possible to get a video that was a bit more polished? you know, a bit less thrown together? That video was slick, the car wasnt so bad after all either. Looks like a Hollywood production.... As for the guy in the hat, how on Earth did you guys get George Clooney to tune my car?
Looks great!
Yeah,Chris Parvin at EVOMS doesn't play around when it.comes to vids or pics.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KPG
Red, it was in their shop about 16 days I think start to finish. Timeline was just fine in my mind!

Fuel system: EVOMS Frankenfuel in tank twin pump setup with dual 044 units, Bosch relay. Upgraded fuel line, stock return line, EVOMS rails. 83lb injectors. Stock FPR

Turbo/Exhaust: Tial Hybrid GT3076R Alpha with custom billet compressor wheel,watercooled, Switzer exhaust with full cats and 02s, EVOMS race style flat collector headers with 47.5mm primaries

Tuning: EVOMSit

Intake: RSS 75MM plenum, 75MM TB, EVOMS side plenum, ported and port matched intake runners/injectors blocks, Stock Y pipe, EVOMS custom MAF housing, Hitachi MAF, Sportec twin snorkel CF airbox, BMC filter, Forge DV, EVOMS boost hoses

Heads: Custom heavy port on turbo heads, larger Ferrea intake/exhaust valves, 9K springs/retainers. Flow numbers on avg 33% better than stock.

Cams: custom exhaust grind, intake stock

Engine: Ceramic coated piston crowns, moly coated piston skirts,moly coated wristpins, flycut crowns, Arrow rods,ARP studs, EVOMS MLS head gasket, GT3RS crank,crossdrilled, shufflepinned case, boattailed mains, extra oil galleries drilled for crank center mains, Porsche motorsports bearings, GT3 oil pump, all rotating parts from the crank pulley to the pressure plate and everything in between balanced within less than a gram.

Trans/clutch: 8 Puck Clutchmasters disc, upgraded Sachs pressure plate, LWFW, associated rattles and whines, stock turbo hydraulics,stock trans

Misc: EVOMS 300M axles, B6 IC's, 6 Piston GT3 350MM brakes, Zeitronix-Boost; EGT;AFR;Pyrometer, 997 shifter, GT3RS solid motor mounts,optima 925, GT3 seats, Teq bar, bone stock exterior.....Still AWD

That about covers it...I think. If you want to see a picture of any particular internal or external part before it was installed , let me know
phenominal list of parts and build quality, Hope to hook up again
someday, be it Road America or other track. Currently however my track
budget is "quite lean"

Great stuff!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit GT900+ Torque Monster