996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Price for a new Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:25 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by 20C4S
it's been selling quite well & making big $ for porsche.
actually it has been making big $ for porsche (at the expense of brand satisfaction), but as you can see from the massive discounts being offered, it isn't doing as much for dealers. the boxster saved porsche's **** and then the cayenne did when boxster and 911 sales rolled over.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:52 AM
dgussin1 will become famous soon enough
So should I not even consider this and get a Range Rover?

Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 AM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
Absolutely NOT!!!!....... and not an X5 Bimmer either.

Does this vehicle have some glitches??.... yes.

Is it the best performance sport utility on the road today??.... yes.

First generation vehicles are prone to "bugs" at any price level. The difference with Porsche is that they will help you through it to an extent where you are responsible for only the "consumable" things like brakes and tires. We should keep in mind that both brakes and tires operate in uncharted waters for Porsche with the weight, speed and handling characteristics of this TRUCK. This fine vehicle will evolve and if I drive a sport ute it will be a Cayenne Turbo just because it is a Porsche.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:14 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by dgussin1
have u tried the Rover yet?

if not go rent one to see if u like it. interesting both cars are SUV but they're so different from each other.

IMO, a Cayenne owner won't like Rover in term of performance & handling. Rover owner won't like Cayenne's space & room practicality.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:16 AM
have u tried the Rover yet?

if not go rent one to see if u like it. interesting both cars are SUV but they're so different from each other.

IMO, a Cayenne owner won't like Rover in term of performance & handling. Rover owner won't like Cayenne's space & room practicality.
My bro has a rover and it is nice(I am not too sure on the handleing, but...) I personally like the cayenne because I like to drive fast and hard, but I don't want it if it's a POS. Maybe the new body ML63 will be best?

Old 10-25-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by CamNeelyphile
The difference with Porsche is that they will help you through it to an extent where you are responsible for only the "consumable" things like brakes and tires. "
Check the multiple threads out over at Rennteam about the HORRIFIC hesitation problem. To date Porsche doesn't have a clue how to address this and many dealers are clinging to the "it's normal" party line.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:44 AM
BCS996TT is on a distinguished road
cayenne handling and Brakes are the highlights and that's pretty much it.

I've had my share of problems; draining battery, strange tapping noise coming from the engine bay, high pitched whine at random times, ignition cylinder falling through the dash, etc.

Most typical complaints are so so performance, very crappy gas mileage, little leg room for backseat passengers and useless remote key.

If you dont need the cargo space, get an X5 4.8 or a used X5 4.6...for the price they blow the Cayenne away.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:05 AM
Goodwood is on a distinguished road
Why not consider an Audi S6 Avant?

I've had one for 2 1/2 yrs, and other than a few very minor interior trim pieces coming off, this car is everything I ever wanted in an all weather all wheel drive car. No, it doesn't have off road capability, but most ppl don't take their SUVs offroad, do they? It has a respectable 340hp, actually drives like a fine sports sedan. I love mine!

Old 10-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by BCS996TT
cayenne handling and Brakes are the highlights and that's pretty much it.

I've had my share of problems; draining battery, strange tapping noise coming from the engine bay, high pitched whine at random times, ignition cylinder falling through the dash, etc.

Most typical complaints are so so performance, very crappy gas mileage, little leg room for backseat passengers and useless remote key.

If you dont need the cargo space, get an X5 4.8 or a used X5 4.6...for the price they blow the Cayenne away.
Yep, if not for the superb (turbo) engine (once the one to two second delay upon full throttle expires) and handling, this (the turbo) thing would be a $30k to $40k SUV - max. The torque and handling make it about a $50k car in my mind. The S is a complete and utter bore however. Incidentally, the brakes are good until they get warm - which doesn't take long.

Last edited by ben, lj; 10-25-2004 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Re: Why not consider an Audi S6 Avant?

Originally posted by Goodwood
I've had one for 2 1/2 yrs, and other than a few very minor interior trim pieces coming off, this car is everything I ever wanted in an all weather all wheel drive car. No, it doesn't have off road capability, but most ppl don't take their SUVs offroad, do they? It has a respectable 340hp, actually drives like a fine sports sedan. I love mine!
I think one off the reasons many of us are buying these 5k lb, 10 mpg SUVs is because it's an arms race against all the rest of the SUVs on the road when it comes to safety. I'm not sure the height and weight of the Audi serve the same purpose.

Old 10-25-2004, 07:17 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
it's the best handling SUV i've ever driven. that does it for me. still looking forward to become a Turbo owner anytime soon...

Do it. I was less than enthused with the bugs my S had and in particular, the steering wheel shim between 73 -78 mph on the highway. Thought I would give P another shot. So far this truck drives like a dream and no problems. I still drive around with no radio just so I can listen for weird sounds squeaks ect. So far, only silence...fingers are crossed...

Old 10-25-2004, 08:42 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
I have a 2004 Cayenne S, and I gotta tell you besides some of the problems this vehicle has you will appreciate the potential of the car (especially the turbo). I can't imagine how fun the car will be when the various problems are taken care of (which should not be too far away). If you are going to get an SUV, in my opinion I would have to say go for the Cayenne !! It really is a piece of art in the SUV category-

Ryan

Old 10-25-2004, 11:35 AM
ChrisRC is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by dgussin1
I'd recomend at least test driving a Rover and X5. What's the harm?

Old 10-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Cayenne S owner here and loving it! Minor issues, but no big deal.

Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by ChrisRC
I'd recomend at least test driving a Rover and X5. What's the harm?
The X5 4.8is crossed my mind, but there is still a premium for that car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price for a new Cayenne Turbo