996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Precision Porsche - my car...with bike rack

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
okcomputer is on a distinguished road
very cool- shows the TT is good for things other than just tearing up the track.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Thanks, Stephen,

Yes, it's the 2 part Griots epoxy paint. It holds up fantastically well. I had a previous brand that peeled quickly. No peeling at all with this product!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
car looks awesome.... i love the wing, i might have to pick one of those up from you

Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM
stevengerard is on a distinguished road
glad to see it, I was thinking of getting the rack, believe it or not my bike fits in the back seat with both wheels off but I'd prefer to use the bike rack. I was wondering if anyone was crazy enough to do that - on my list for for a birthday gift.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Is 15 a record for quotes!!
I couldn't leave anyone out

Originally Posted by blk996tt
Looks great!
Originally Posted by G6OON
Stunning Porsche. 360 rims are perfect.
Originally Posted by okcomputer
very cool- shows the TT is good for things other than just tearing up the track.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by LiNks
car looks awesome.... i love the wing, i might have to pick one of those up from you
Thanks bro. I sometimes wish I went with a more aggressive wheel setup like you but I'm happy with it. In my opinion, I think the strosek style wing is the best looking add-on wing for our cars

Originally Posted by stevengerard
glad to see it, I was thinking of getting the rack, believe it or not my bike fits in the back seat with both wheels off but I'd prefer to use the bike rack. I was wondering if anyone was crazy enough to do that - on my list for for a birthday gift.
Haha... my boss fit his road bike in his 996 cab but you putting it in your coupe is . How do you not get the grease on the chains on your leather?

Edwin

Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
The car is very clean. Nice photography as well.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM
stevengerard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Haha... my boss fit his road bike in his 996 cab but you putting it in your coupe is . How do you not get the grease on the chains on your leather?

Edwin
Just need to put it in derailleur facing up - very carefully - I'm a short Italian - 53 cm bike

Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Uno mas

New pics coming soon... more toys added this weekend

Edwin

Old 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
ABCar is on a distinguished road
Makes me wish I had a black car again. beautiful!!! Tasteful mods, Im sure you know.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ABCar
Makes me wish I had a black car again. beautiful!!! Tasteful mods, Im sure you know.
Thanks Added two pics in first post with my bike at this weekend's C&C

Edwin

Old 09-07-2009, 12:59 AM
292 is on a distinguished road
Love those man! I want to do the same thing.

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Edwin

Old 09-07-2009, 05:33 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Edwin I pulled up right when you were leaving. Your paint looks fantastic,which wax do you use? Do you use a orbital buffer or by hand?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:29 AM
docjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the roughdocjmj is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 292
Very nice ITILIAN bike. I assume you are running Campagnolo on that beast. What's kind of motor are you running and any mods?

I too have a roof rack on my 996TT and being an avid cyclist, I can take both my hobbies with me.

I do have a question re: THE RACK which is whether a fairing will cut down on the wind whistle and whether there is an aftermarket fairing or will I need to custom make one.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i thought that was you at the meet, looked great

Old 09-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 292
Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Edwin I pulled up right when you were leaving. Your paint looks fantastic,which wax do you use? Do you use a orbital buffer or by hand?
Hey Paulie,

Oh... I didn't even see you pull up. If I knew you would, I would've stayed longer. Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I didn't wax it the night before the meet when i washed it. When I do wax it, I use this

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1

No white residue...it's like armor all on your paint.

Originally Posted by docjmj
Very nice ITILIAN bike. I assume you are running Campagnolo on that beast. What's kind of motor are you running and any mods?

I too have a roof rack on my 996TT and being an avid cyclist, I can take both my hobbies with me.

I do have a question re: THE RACK which is whether a fairing will cut down on the wind whistle and whether there is an aftermarket fairing or will I need to custom make one.
Thanks Doc. I love Colnago stuff. I wish I could get a nicer full carbon bike but maybe if I get more serious I will. Yes, it has campagnolo components No mods other than a selle smp seat and UT Longhorn football helmet dangling behind the seat...oh and a bento box up front

I am looking into the fairing issue. I have both a Thule fairing (from my mini) and a Yakima fairing (on my DD) and I'm sure there is a way to make it work. I'm researching it and will let you know once I figure it out!

Btw, which bike rack do you use? The road bike or the porsche mountain bike?

Originally Posted by OS Inspector
i thought that was you at the meet, looked great
Thanks! I didn't see your car there... where did you park it?

I took some pics at the meet... I'll post it up later today

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Precision Porsche - my car...with bike rack