996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Question for those with LED running lights DRLs's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:32 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
Question for those with LED running lights DRLs's

I'm about to attack this mod, but have a few questions

- How did you wire them? I was thinking of hooking em to the Ignition wire, so as the car turns on so do the LEDs, is this an issue at night time? Ideally i'd want them to dim at night time, but dont know what components to use to do so.

- Are standard 3mm LED's bright enough in the daytime? Like are they as visible as the Audi ones coming down the road?

Pics?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
when I imported my car from the us and needed to put drl's on it I just went to canadian tire and bought there $39 universal running light kit and wired it to the small white parking lights located inside the main headlight besel. That way I didn't have the expensive hid's on all the time. Worked perfect you just have to run the low beam wires to both headlights and ignore the high beam wires.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I want to add aftermarket LED running lights like the new Audis.

The running light kit dims them during the day, when the lowbeams are off, I want to dim them when the low beams are on

Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
sorry my mistake

Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I installed the LEDs, but they dont seem nearly as bright as the Audi LEDs---is there specific type of diodes I should be using?

Anyone want to chime in?