6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Wierd problem - one of my HID bulbs just turned pink (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/183726-wierd-problem-one-my-hid-bulbs-just-turned-pink.html)

AlgaeHater 08-28-2009 05:21 PM

Wierd problem - one of my HID bulbs just turned pink

I encountered a strange problem today. I turned on my headlights and after about 10 seconds, one of the bulbs went from a white light to a pink/purple dim light. Does this mean that my HID bulb is on its last legs or is there a problem with the ballast? If it's the bulb, does anyone have a recommendation for finding a replacement? I assume it's a DIY to replace?

Has anyone else encountered this? I look like a ricer with this darn pink bulb! :D

tsaros 08-29-2009 01:36 AM

The bulbs does go purple/pink just before they go out.

PrecisionPorsch 08-29-2009 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by AlgaeHater (Post 2519563)
I encountered a strange problem today. I turned on my headlights and after about 10 seconds, one of the bulbs went from a white light to a pink/purple dim light. Does this mean that my HID bulb is on its last legs or is there a problem with the ballast? If it's the bulb, does anyone have a recommendation for finding a replacement? I assume it's a DIY to replace?

Has anyone else encountered this? I look like a ricer with this darn pink bulb! :D

It's most likely that your bulb is about to go out. Are you looking to replace it with the oem bulb or did you want to go with a different color? I went with a 6000k on my headlight set up so if you want, you can have my oem headlight bulb for free. Just pay shipping :)

Oh, in terms of diy, it's very simple. Here's a youtube link

Edwin

steve harris 08-29-2009 08:37 AM

your car went to san francisco without you most likely last nite, (check the tail pipes)

s2000_s4_996TT 08-29-2009 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by steve harris (Post 2520119)
your car went to san francisco without you most likely last nite, (check the tail pipes)

LMAO hilarious

AlgaeHater 08-30-2009 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch (Post 2520080)
It's most likely that your bulb is about to go out. Are you looking to replace it with the oem bulb or did you want to go with a different color? I went with a 6000k on my headlight set up so if you want, you can have my oem headlight bulb for free. Just pay shipping :)

Oh, in terms of diy, it's very simple. Here's a youtube link

Edwin

Thanks so much for the offer and the tip. Can I PayPal you the shipping charge? If so, please PM me the amount. Thanks Edwin!

AlgaeHater 09-15-2009 07:45 PM

Big props to PrecisionPorsch who shipped me two HID bulbs free! Guys like this are an asset to 6speed :D

PrecisionPorsch 09-16-2009 10:50 AM

Haha...thanks Simon. Let me know if you need any assistance replacing the bulb.

Edwin

frankster 09-16-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by steve harris (Post 2520119)

hilarious Now that's funny, right there . . . I don't care who you are!!!

Steve Theodore 09-16-2009 03:28 PM

Thanks a lot for the video link. I've been putting off changing a marker bulb for some time now, and that doesn't look too bad at all. :D