996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Wierd problem - one of my HID bulbs just turned pink

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Wierd problem - one of my HID bulbs just turned pink

I encountered a strange problem today. I turned on my headlights and after about 10 seconds, one of the bulbs went from a white light to a pink/purple dim light. Does this mean that my HID bulb is on its last legs or is there a problem with the ballast? If it's the bulb, does anyone have a recommendation for finding a replacement? I assume it's a DIY to replace?

Has anyone else encountered this? I look like a ricer with this darn pink bulb!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:36 AM
tsaros is on a distinguished road
The bulbs does go purple/pink just before they go out.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlgaeHater
I encountered a strange problem today. I turned on my headlights and after about 10 seconds, one of the bulbs went from a white light to a pink/purple dim light. Does this mean that my HID bulb is on its last legs or is there a problem with the ballast? If it's the bulb, does anyone have a recommendation for finding a replacement? I assume it's a DIY to replace?

Has anyone else encountered this? I look like a ricer with this darn pink bulb!
It's most likely that your bulb is about to go out. Are you looking to replace it with the oem bulb or did you want to go with a different color? I went with a 6000k on my headlight set up so if you want, you can have my oem headlight bulb for free. Just pay shipping

Oh, in terms of diy, it's very simple. Here's a youtube link

Edwin

Old 08-29-2009, 08:37 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
your car went to san francisco without you most likely last nite, (check the tail pipes)

Old 08-29-2009, 08:29 PM
s2000_s4_996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steve harris
your car went to san francisco without you most likely last nite, (check the tail pipes)
LMAO

Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 AM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
It's most likely that your bulb is about to go out. Are you looking to replace it with the oem bulb or did you want to go with a different color? I went with a 6000k on my headlight set up so if you want, you can have my oem headlight bulb for free. Just pay shipping

Oh, in terms of diy, it's very simple. Here's a youtube link

Edwin
Thanks so much for the offer and the tip. Can I PayPal you the shipping charge? If so, please PM me the amount. Thanks Edwin!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Big props to PrecisionPorsch who shipped me two HID bulbs free! Guys like this are an asset to 6speed

Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Haha...thanks Simon. Let me know if you need any assistance replacing the bulb.

Edwin

Old 09-16-2009, 03:21 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by steve harris

Now that's funny, right there . . . I don't care who you are!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Thanks a lot for the video link. I've been putting off changing a marker bulb for some time now, and that doesn't look too bad at all.