996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brakes kinda strange

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Brakes kinda strange

so driving around and just touching the brakes they shutter the steering wheel, but if you warm them up good couple faster slow downs, they shutter seems to go away.

i was assuming a rotor was warped and needs replacing but after noticing the shutter to disappear with some spirited braking im starting to wonder pads have about 60% life in them rotors look good havent got a chance to pull wheels off n check for a warped rotor yet

next thought im not a track guy but do love the stock brakes what street pads do you guys reccomend i was looking at pagid yellows and some ebc n such dont want any less performance then OEM and no squeaky brakes

i did look a mikellys big brake thread but its mostly upgrades in rotor sizes n such

Old 09-14-2009, 03:46 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Pagid yellows are race pads and will definitely squeal. OEM is the best way to go for street pads.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:43 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
any comments on why the shutter goes away when the rotors get hot?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Sorry, can't help you with that one.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
dg930 is just really nicedg930 is just really nicedg930 is just really nicedg930 is just really nicedg930 is just really nice
I've had a similar problem. For whatever reason (contamination, not enough aggressive braking) the pads had developed a glaze or pad material is stuck to the rotor. Basically the reduced and/or uneven friction surface causes the shudder. A common fix for this is to scuff up the rotors (both sides) with a medium to coarse sandpaper, run the pads across the sandpaper to cut through the glaze, put it all back together and rebed the brakes. In my case I did this and it was only a temporary fix. I think my pads are contaminated so I am going to replace them. Hope this helps, Dave