996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 PM
_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future_Zac has a brilliant future
Twin pt106's, no less...

Old 09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by _Zac
Twin pt106's, no less...
_Zac! My new setup was not to be talked about on the forum! I told you this a million times now!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Interesting thread. The problem I foresee using GT35s on a stock block engine is you're essentially limiting the amount of boost/power due to the engine's restrictions. Then you're accepting possible spool disadvantages vs. a GT30 or a Markski Turbo. Since you plan on top end pulls you may have to start in a lower gear to allow the GT35 to be spooled and that may add another shift. I'm just thinking out loud guys, I really don't know. It's a good question though.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Mike, here is my dyno plot....Tom will have a much nicer one Tq is available quickly and not peaky. Lot of power under the curve. You can see at the bottom AVG tq across the entire run was over 500ft lbs.... not bad for an avg

Thanks Kevin. Thats what I wanted to see. It seems a lot of the turbos make a decent TQ number, but drop like a rock, losing 200-300ft/lbs within 1000-2500rpm. I guess the bigger turbo's are a little better if you can wring them out.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
We all know that the 997tt engine perform much better than 996tt engine with same mods plus.

Todd K made 770awhp/760awhp at 1.6bar on w/ standard GT3076R's on tiptronic 997tt so with 997 gt2 which is lighter, RWD and 6speed it should hit +800rwhp easily.

He is now testing new Alpha GT3076R's on new 997 GT2

Switzer 997tt w/GT35R's and it made 860rwhp at 1.7bar ( BONE STOCK ENGINE ) and it ran 60-130 in 4.86sec....How it is LAGGY?

Last edited by Shotcaller; 09-29-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:32 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !

Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Ok so i'm looking at this dyno Sheet and if i am correct it looks like at 6000 its made all its hp, So for a Highway pull where you are shifting at redline,carring out the gears as long as you can to get that little extra umfff these turbos would not be for you unless i am wrong, Iwould rather have a turbo that i can hold it till redline at least or 7200.
My Turbos for what my car is which just a stock motor with add on's seams to out perform these, and we had far less fans then what this dyno video showed.
I am not knocking the other tuner or shop just stating the facts is all.

my graph below with Marksi's Turbos

And we stopped the pull at 7000 if you notice they were still making power..

Last edited by UrbanHotrod; 09-30-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:59 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Corey I cannot see your RPM.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
thats because the guy didnt do the correct print out for me, the dark line is at 7000

Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
OK that gives me a reference point.thanks

Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Ok so i'm looking at this dyno Sheet and if i am correct it looks like at 6000 its made all its hp, So for a Highway poll where you are shifting at redline,carring out the gears as long as you can to get that little extra umfff these turbos would not be for you unless i am wrong, Iwould rather have a turbo that i can hold it till redline at least or 7200.
My Turbos for what my car is which just a stock motor with add on's seams to out perform these, and we had far less fans then what this dyno video showed.
I am not knowing the other tuner or shop just stating the facts is all.

my graph below with Marksi's Turbos

And we stopped the pull at 7000 if you notice they were still making power..
How about I jump in the SPI car and run you from any roll you like....and then we can talk about how your turbos keep pulling at 7k....

Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
To maximize GT35's you have to add displacement of at least 4.0L along with all the other goodies.
If I followed your logic, I wouldn't have run a GT47-80 on a 3.4L....

Old 09-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
How about I jump in the SPI car and run you from any roll you like....and then we can talk about how your turbos keep pulling at 7k....
mmmmm ok! But since your jumping into someone elses car can i have someone else jump in mine?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
supergoji is on a distinguished road
i know 300zx's that are making around 900 whp with GT3071's.

we have 3.0 displacement. you rwd guys should be able to make more due to displacement.

just look at the supra guys. see what they are doing with turbos and displacement.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
mmmmm ok! But since your jumping into someone elses car can i have someone else jump in mine?
I'm sure either David, Tym, or I would be happy to run you. Plan a trip down to the Cleveland area and will do a few fun runs before the weather turns. I think we're about 3 hours southwest for you. I'll buy dinner afterwards.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT35R's or GT30R's for highway pulling??