996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thanks 911tuning aka Markski!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Siegel Racing is on a distinguished road
That's an awesome looking setup. Why did y'all make it RWD?

Siegel

Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
marksi that kit looks sick ............. i especially like those intakes and inter-coolers. any pics of the engine compartment with those intakes?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Siegel Racing
That's an awesome looking setup. Why did y'all make it RWD?

Siegel
the 996tt doesn't make much use of the FWD system in place and so most high power cars would rather have the weight loss of 70lbs then he front drive system and being the car with all the weight on the rear tires it hook up pretty well with no (LSD)diff in the rear makes it nice to do.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
the 996tt doesn't make much use of the FWD system in place and so most high power cars would rather have the weight loss of 70lbs then he front drive system and being the car with all the weight on the rear tires it hook up pretty well with no (LSD)diff in the rear makes it nice to do.

Correct! thanks for clearing that up for him
and i don't feel like hurting the front diff.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool Corey. Congrats on reaching your goal!!!

Mark, this kit looks awsome. I would like to learn more about it. Drop me some details when you get a chance!

Mike

Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Very cool Corey. Congrats on reaching your goal!!!

Mark, this kit looks awsome. I would like to learn more about it. Drop me some details when you get a chance!

Mike
Thanks Mike i actually still haven't hit the goal yet but it very close just need the weather to co-operate

Old 12-07-2009, 01:10 PM
007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of007-911 has much to be proud of
Palette,

your car is a beast! Are you running Markski's 6" IC with those turbos?

-Vince

Old 12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Now if you just would have stayed AWD you could be out testing right now J/K bro!!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
marksi that kit looks sick ............. i especially like those intakes and inter-coolers. any pics of the engine compartment with those intakes?
yep...
here you go....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning

With a large cotton filter sitting in the space in front of the intercooler, it doesn't look like you can assemble the ductwork. Do you find a drop off in efficiency in your intercooler some cold air being diverted to the intake?

Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
With a large cotton filter sitting in the space in front of the intercooler, it doesn't look like you can assemble the ductwork. Do you find a drop off in efficiency in your intercooler some cold air being diverted to the intake?
Nope... and that is my car doing 1000rwhp... we do not do the standard filter and intake... on the contrary... look how close the filter is to the turbo inlet... no restrictions vs the stock set up that has to travel thru a maze of thin tubing behind a HOT motor...
for the 800 hp kit I use a slightly smaller k&N filter....
markski

click to view

Old 12-07-2009, 04:13 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Palette - much drone from the exhaust? I look forward to you finding a place to upload the sound clips

Marksi - I'm surprised that the air filters aren't holding you back at all - have you tested with them pulled to see if there's a difference? If those are good enough for 800 or even 1K HP that's awesome! Certainly blows away the OEM intake setup for sure. Is the MAF difficult to rewire? I need to recover from some bills but by Spring I hope to be doing intercoolers at least and would love to do a MAF swap as well. Replacing the existing crap intake piping is pricey so I might as well consider swapping to a blow-thru MAF I think. Has anyone run meth through one of those and if so were there any issues? I think that would be a concern of mine although at this point I'm not quite ready to run meth on this car, not sure I need it....

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Palette - much drone from the exhaust? I look forward to you finding a place to upload the sound clips

Marksi - I'm surprised that the air filters aren't holding you back at all - have you tested with them pulled to see if there's a difference? If those are good enough for 800 or even 1K HP that's awesome! Certainly blows away the OEM intake setup for sure. Is the MAF difficult to rewire? I need to recover from some bills but by Spring I hope to be doing intercoolers at least and would love to do a MAF swap as well. Replacing the existing crap intake piping is pricey so I might as well consider swapping to a blow-thru MAF I think. Has anyone run meth through one of those and if so were there any issues? I think that would be a concern of mine although at this point I'm not quite ready to run meth on this car, not sure I need it....

Thanks!
Skip the meth for now.. but yes it has been done...
as far as the filters on or off we seen 30rwhp at 800 to 1000 rwhp set up... but thats not because the filter is not blocking the ICs... thats because the filters are off... do that to a Evo( I did) a supra etc etc and you will gain the same thing... if not more...
this set up has been proven for 5+years.. its not new... we optimize the the air massage... before and after the turbo by going minimum 2.5" on piping.. all hard piping...
here is another example...

click to view

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
hey thats my car lol..

Blkmagk , rewiring the maf is pretty simple especilay for you since your pretty savvy with these things. simple cutting and soldering and thats it . and yes if you go do the y pipe and intakes might aswell go for the the blowthrough setup.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by 007-911
Palette,

your car is a beast! Are you running Markski's 6" IC with those turbos?

-Vince
i think they are 5" but yes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks 911tuning aka Markski!