996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Service tiptronic trans fluid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
only reason i plan on ATF change is because i plan on upgrading the solenoids to get tippy ready for more power. any update when to change or how soon for a follow up to get out sludge? 02TT 29000 miles

Old 11-12-2010, 09:30 PM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
Perhaps your answer is contained in these pages?

Last edited by SRISER; 11-13-2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Updated link
Old 11-13-2010, 01:25 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
"Supposedly" the fluid is lifetime. If you need help changing it PM me. Not as hard as everyone makes it seem.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adam699
"Supposedly" the fluid is lifetime. If you need help changing it PM me. Not as hard as everyone makes it seem.
I did look in shop manual but not terribly informative other than crude steps. The diy link in this thread on renn tech was very good. Did you change solenoids while u were in there or notice how easy they were to get to. Are there any "shift kits" or new valve body kits u are aware of. I saw some info somewhere that made me think the MB ones from IPT may work.
Only thing im worried bout is couple guys on here said that fluid change can knock loose sludge and be bad news.
Thanks for info

Old 11-13-2010, 02:15 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pumptech
I did look in shop manual but not terribly informative other than crude steps. The diy link in this thread on renn tech was very good. Did you change solenoids while u were in there or notice how easy they were to get to. Are there any "shift kits" or new valve body kits u are aware of. I saw some info somewhere that made me think the MB ones from IPT may work.
Only thing im worried bout is couple guys on here said that fluid change can knock loose sludge and be bad news.
Thanks for info

I didn't mess with taking the transmission pan down. I only drained the oil because I was taking the transfer case apart. Also make sure that the DIY on renn tech is the one for a 2002+ tip for a turbo.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:28 AM
914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of914rrr has much to be proud of
Just to clarify the following statement:

"...The next step involves starting the car and idling with brake depressed for 10 seconds in each gear selection point and back to park, meanwhile trans temps are being monitored with the scan tool..."

Does this mean that I need to keep the brake pedal depressed the entire time I'm selecting each gear and then going back to park?

Old 02-21-2019, 12:32 AM
parkpaul67 is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO Porsche Tech .. Its old Forum but i need to ask few questions regarding servicing tiptronic . Ok i located the control screw hole slightly above the trans pan as you can see (B) ON THE LOWER PICTURE and drain plug is on the Bottom of the pan (A) LOWER PICTURE . You mention installing tools to drain hole to fill up the fluid ,but i found Porsche work manual it shows separate cap nut for the charging valve and installing Specifically, Filling adapter 9507/1 (. UPPER PICTURE .A) little confuse where do i need to hook up hose to fill the Fluid ? .

2006 C2 977 Tiptronic

Last edited by parkpaul67; 02-21-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Sveina is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by parkpaul67
HELLO Porsche Tech .. Its old Forum but i need to ask few questions regarding servicing tiptronic . Ok i located the control screw hole slightly above the trans pan as you can see (B) ON THE LOWER PICTURE and drain plug is on the Bottom of the pan (A) LOWER PICTURE . You mention installing tools to drain hole to fill up the fluid ,but i found Porsche work manual it shows separate cap nut for the charging valve and installing Specifically, Filling adapter 9507/1 (. UPPER PICTURE .A) little confuse where do i need to hook up hose to fill the Fluid ? .

2006 C2 977 Tiptronic
You put in in as your top picture shows. Not to be filled only by the draining hole. The draining hole has an internal level edge (2 holes in one), so it is not flush with the pan bottom with the inner bolt. When changing oil you must remove the pan, and clean magnets. Fill with a oil pressure pump to the nozzle pictured in your first picture, can easily make the connection adapter you need. After starting engine and heat cycling you can normally get in 4-5 liters of ATF. MB 236.12 is good for this trans, 236.14 not so good. Any higher MB numbers won't work.

About other comments of leaving the oil if not changed regularly. Well if you just leave your oil you will clog the valve body and burn out your friction plates. If you change the oil, but too late, you can clog your valve body but don't likely burn your friction plates. So by leaving it you have bigger chance of breaking things. Better to save the friction plates! And 60k change intervals is too much, max 30k on a car with this amount of power and possobility to be driven hard. Always change filter in the pan!

Old 02-28-2019, 11:48 AM
parkpaul67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Originally Posted by Sveina
You put in in as your top picture shows. Not to be filled only by the draining hole. The draining hole has an internal level edge (2 holes in one), so it is not flush with the pan bottom with the inner bolt. When changing oil you must remove the pan, and clean magnets. Fill with a oil pressure pump to the nozzle pictured in your first picture, can easily make the connection adapter you need. After starting engine and heat cycling you can normally get in 4-5 liters of ATF. MB 236.12 is good for this trans, 236.14 not so good. Any higher MB numbers won't work.

About other comments of leaving the oil if not changed regularly. Well if you just leave your oil you will clog the valve body and burn out your friction plates. If you change the oil, but too late, you can clog your valve body but don't likely burn your friction plates. So by leaving it you have bigger chance of breaking things. Better to save the friction plates! And 60k change intervals is too much, max 30k on a car with this amount of power and possobility to be driven hard. Always change filter in the pan!
Thanks for the Info Sveina .
Im going make the connection adapter to fill the system and drop the pan replace filter .

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 PM
CWY-997TT is an unknown quantity at this point
997.1 TT Tip looking for more info on Trans Flush

It seems my pan looks pretty similar to the photo.
2009 Turbo Tiptronics.
Do we not fill fluid from the control screw on the pan? (Higher of bottom photo)

Not sure I understand what the additional hose is for in the upper picture. Is it not a drain and fill only knowing some fluid will remain in torque converter? Or are there two different places to drain and fill?Also when filling, is the transmission in P or D or N for the 40C check? And isn't that just the control bolt that fluid will flow out of?

Originally Posted by Sveina