996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY transmission mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM
contigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant futurecontigo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Erik@GBox
I can make you a solid mount made of delron, cost would be about $100.00 or so plus shipping, but it would certainly be a lot easier than the solutions that I have seen here.

Let me know if I can help,

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxle
(303) 440-8899 work

how would this be?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
Have a code for one of these if anyone needs.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
So, I'm interested in trying out this delrin mount Erik. I have a spare mount. Could I send it to you for you to install the pads?
Thanks,
V

Old 06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PasPar2
Have a code for one of these if anyone needs.
what do you mean by a code?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
Adam-Tip Trans Mount_Window Weld or OEM part_Which one?

Adam,
I was hoping to get your view or anyone else that has tried the repair (window weld) vs replacement with OEM. Is the repair holding up (durability), any vibration issues or alignment issues (trans to motor to drive line..)?
Bottom line which way would you go if you had to do it all over again.
thanks kenny

Old 08-22-2011, 09:11 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
i just replaced mine with the new 997 part number and i'm glad i didnt attempt to repair it. When i took out the original, it literally broke into 3 pieces. The new one solved my clunking issue and there's also less vibration in the cabin now.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:00 AM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, Split. I will go the same route. How was the diy? Anything I should be aware of or a little tricky? Did you need to support or lower the trans or was this simply a bolt off bolt on R&R. kenny

Old 08-22-2011, 01:58 PM
i didnt DIY, i had my indy do it. he was done in 90 minutes and had no troubles.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:37 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
This is a NA 996 mount. Turbos and GTs are different mounts.